Gibson Brands Forums

I kinda feel like a cheapskate

duane v

[blink]

My wife text me from work and asked me to get some soda pop. So I cruise to this little market where they have 10 two litres for $10. Certainly they are not popular brands, but the knock off type brand. Well my wife just called me and asked if I picked up some Cherry Dr. Pepper:-s ..... Well I told her (in ebay slang) "it's Dr. Pepper type."[blink]

So to maybe cool her heels a bit, I dressed up the label a bit.... Hopefully she'll take the joke well.

P5220204b.jpg

..............No you are in trouble......

...if I said to my wife get me some worschestire sauce it had better be Lea and Perrin

And yes you are a cheapskate if you can't throw and extra dollar for the real deal.

Next thing we know you will be modding a chineese forum

................start moving your money and such into a third party account.................

........or just buy your wife the real DR Pepper..........you idiot.........J/K

LOL!!!

My secret stashes are no longer a secret

it's more than a extra dollar savings............ Plus the real deal doesn't come in 3 litres[biggrin]

Gotta budget these days' date=' so I can buy more Gibby's[cool']

IF you knew, what "Soda" does to your body (ask any nutritionist, or Doctor!) you'd never

buy another one...and save even MORE money, for Gibby's. LOL!

CB

IF you knew' date=' what "Soda" does to your body (ask any nutritionist, or Doctor!) you'd never

buy another one...and save even MORE money, for Gibby's. LOL!

CB [/quote']

good point:-k

Just a few reasons, to give up "Soda Pop!"

10 Reasons to Give It up (NOW)

1) Pop makes you age faster because of its dehydrating qualities. It promotes a condition called chronic cellular dehydration where your cells lack proper hydration. This makes your body acidic–the primo environment to grow disease.

2) You can gain weight drinking soda pop. It causes heightened cravings for carbs.

3) Obesity has been linked to drinking massive quantities of soda pop. Hidden calories…you don’t realize the caloric intake with every sip of pop.

4) Soda pop promotes tooth decay. All that acid in your mouth has an incredibly harmful effect on enamel. If you sip on a can of pop over the course of an hour, your mouth will stay acidic for another 90 minutes.

5 ) Soda pop has been proven to cause osteoporosis. The high concentration of phosphoric acid without the presence of calcium or magnesium, depletes the bones of calcium. Studies are showing with the steady increase in soda pop consumption and consuming massive amounts on a daily basis, osteoporosis will increase to epidemic proportions in the years to come.

6) Soda pop lowers your immune system. Up to four or five hours after consuming a can of pop, your white blood cells have a lowered ability to kill bacteria.

7) Soda pop makes your mouth acidic which encourages the growth of bacteria and thus, cavities.

The caffeine in soda pop can cause nervousness, restlessness, inability to concentrate, and insomnia.

9) Aspartame, Splenda and Nutrisweet are categorized as neurotoxins and ever present in diet soda pop. When consumed in large quantities attacks nervous system resulting in aches pains, brain tumors, seizures.

10) Like smoking, soda pop is addictive. The caffeine, the sugar, the bubbles, the combination of chemicals makes you crave more and more and more.

For one can of pop, you have to drink twenty-two glasses of water to counterbalance and flush out the negative effects and bring balance back to your body. Wow. All I can say is…

Drink water! Drink every hour. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate…your cells will be happy you did.

Posted in health and wellness stuff

Never had a problem with any of those things. Rarely sick, never had any dental issues... I'm not saying the list is wrong, but people seem to take those lists as "this will happen to you," rather than "here are some possibilities."

I had a girlfriend once who tried to force me to drink milk. I can't stand it, and haven't had a glass since I was a small child. She always went on about how I was going to have weak bones... I've never broken anything, but she's broken half of the bones in her body.

Yeah, my pediatrician told my mother, when I was a small child, that "Cow's milk" is for COWS!

He said there were plenty of other sources of calcium, and that I didn't need to drink milk, especially

if I didn't care for it...which I didn't! As with anything/information, "caution" is the word. The thing about "Soda Pop,"

is something I've heard, for years/decades, and from many (trusted) sources. Being (now) Type II Diabetic,

I don't drink those, anyway. Diet or otherwise. Tea and Water, only. But, to each his/her own. As a

doctor friend, with a good sense of humor told me. "Eat well/Right, Exercise, don't smoke (anything)....Die Anyway!"

;>)

CB

The big, ok only, grocery store here is called HEB. They sell a faux Dr. Pepper called Dr. B. My wife brought some home one...long story short, she's never brought any more home than that one time. There is no substitute for Dr. Pepper, or as I like to call it...Nectar of the Gods.

Archived