Gibson Brands Forums

I kinda feel like a cheapskate

duane v

Thanks for cheerin us up CB. Guess I'll just drink more beer. [cool]

LOL....Well, sorry...didn't mean to be a "downer!" But...Refined Sugar, White Flower and

Transfat(s) are killing us all, slowly but surely. It's just a matter of, if you "care," I guess. ;>b

You should see the SIZE, of people, back here in Kansas and Oklahoma! Never mind,

other parts of the country...I'm sure, by the photos, I've seen, it's all over the country.

Even "health crazed" California, which I lived in, for 30 years, is "fattening up," way beyond

what it was, when I moved out there, in Januarly of '77.

:) :D

Even the Elementary and High School kids! When I was growing up, there might have been 1

or 2 "obese" kids, in the whole school. Now, there are (way) more than that, in each class...

very sad...IMHO. I can only imagine, what their lives, will be like, in a few short years....both

socially, and health wise. I've been both, slender and heavy! I MUCH prefer slender to "normal, "

over Obese...for all kinds of reasons! But, especially "health" related. Sorry...just the way I feel,

especially now. Young people think they're invincible, and will live forever (I did...), but the older

you get, the more a careless "lifestyle" takes it's toll, the more you realize, your health is everything.

Without it, all this materialism, means nothing. After all, we can't play all our lovely Gibson's, if we're

in the hospital, or God forbid, Not Here! ;>b

CB

We had a guy at work who would fly if someone else would buy coffee. He would take 80 cents for two cups, buy one, pull out a cup from the machine, fill both cups to half with coffee, top off with hot water, and keep the extra 40 cents.

We had a guy at work who would fly if someone else would buy coffee. He would take 80 cents for two cups' date=' buy one, pull out a cup from the machine, fill both cups to half with coffee, top off with hot water, and keep the extra 40 cents.[/quote']

And then some caffeine addicted night owl beat him to death for doing that to their first cup of coffee in the morning is the only way that story could ever end in a perfect world. :-

I'll drink pop every now and then but 10 - 3 liter bottles would last me a few years! Just think of all the exercise you get carrying that crap around though.

Do they even MAKE Pabst Blue Ribbon any more?

I don't drink much beer.... just another vice I don't need' date=' (I have pleanty).[/quote']

Years ago they moved the Pabst plant to Wisconsin... I think the owners of Olympia beer moved it there. Quite a lot of angst in the town of Peoria during that period.

I think it is a regional thing. You get up into the north woods and I think they still sell Schlitz, Blatz and Hamms.

"From the land of sky blue waters

Hamms, the beer refreshing.

Hamms, the beer refreshing... Hamms........"

I remember those commercials from when I was a kid. I liked the beer.

Pabst Blue Ribbon..... Taste like any other beer

You are in even more trouble than you realise if you believe that!

Seriously; have you ever been to Belgium?! or northern France?! Ask DeeVeeWee about it!

Even here in the UK we have hundreds if not thousands of small 'micro-breweries' producing the most wonderful selection of individual tasting beers.

Perhaps what you meant was '...any other North American beer...' ;)

And buy the real deal if you aren't already too late!

BTW : on the subject of 'what sugar-based soft drinks can do to your body' - just leave a 1 cent coin in the bottom of a glass and cover it in Coke overnight...

Then think about your teeth!

Duane, how much extra was the cherry? and the tape? and the ink to write "Pepper" and the Advil you took to tend to the headache it caused? [lol]

To be fair, she only said "soda pop." (according to your story). I'm guessing you had already left the store by the time the Cherry DP request came in?

I think the "cheap soda" thing isn't really much different from the "Coke or Pepsi" war.

Once you get used to one, you don't care as much for the other. The "cheap soda" is about the same sorta thing if you stick to the same brand. Ditto beers.

I'm reminded of my childhood where Dad convinced Mom to start drinking her coffee black by having her drink it that way for a month or two - I can't recall which. Anyway, bottom line was that she never went back to caring for coffee with cream in it but ... never cared much for coffee of any sort.

m

Archived