Gibson Brands Forums

it is rustling when i shaked it

dvir

Have you checked out inside the electronic on the back ( Guess you have) . In one of my sg's there was a tiny little thing in there causing some rustling (in my anus sig. I think it was put there on purpose' date=' to copy the original) So if angus can live with it you can to. just kidding, it was kinda irritating . After having the guitar 5 minutes, i removed the rustling item[/quote']

so how you removed the little thing

There are several "chambers" in the guitar that you do have easy access to - the control cavity in the back, the PUP selector switch cavity in the back, and the pickup cavities in the front. Your only hope is that the item causing the rattling is in one of these. Now if you did not notice it for 8 months, MAYBE it is something in one of these 'holes' (piece of solder? tie wrap? screw? wood chip?).

You can check these locations easily enough - use a phillips screwdriver to remove the plastic covers from the rear cavities, and the same to remove the pickup rings/pickups. IF it was me, I would start in the back cause they are easiest...I would take my time, and would carefully remove 1 cover at a time, then the pickup(s) if necessary, and HOPE I get lucky. Shoot - maybe something is just banging against the side/top of one of the holes!?!

lprear.jpg

lpfronte.jpg

i chacked in all the place that you told before in the store that i buy it from they chacked in all of the place and its not come out they said that there is a chance that it is stuck in there cause they didnt cahcked it well

Archived