Gibson Brands Forums

it is rustling when i shaked it

dvir

hello guys i know i already put this thing on the furom but i didnt get any clear answers.

i played on my guitar as usual and i heard a rustle when i shaked the guitar what is it is it heppend to you guys? thanks

stop posting...you got several answers from REAL guitar players, your rude, and can hardly speak english or spell for that matter..if you didnt get your perfect answer go to a LUTHIER [smile] ...They'll either tell you the same thing or look at you like an idiot..

stop posting...you got several answers from REAL guitar players' date=' your rude, and can hardly speak english or spell for that matter..if you didnt get your perfect answer go to a LUTHIER #-o ...They'll look at you like an idiot..[/quote']

[biggrin]

It's still within warranty so' date=' you should be ok.

[/quote']

Maybe. Maybe not

What will gibson do if the rustling or burg or whatever is in the chamber?

Cut the guitar open, fix it and give it back?

Not likely...

Maybe they will have a solution.........who knows.....

Jantha. You may be onto something. People moan about the weight. So' date=' Gibson weight save. why dont they fill the holes with foam? Still a solid body but lighter then.[/quote']

Yea I suppose so. I wonder what effect it would have on the sound. That stuff expands quite a bit.. I'd be worried about separating the maple cap.

Riverside pointed you at his thread of October 2009-

http://forums.gibson.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=23391

Same problem.

On page 3 of that thread, Riverside said Gibson told him no fix.

From Gibson CS to Riverside : "Thanks for your patience, and we apologize for the delay in responding. I’ve spoken with several people about the situation, and unfortunately, if there is anything in the chamber, there is not a way to get it out, as the chambers are completely sealed and there is no access." Best regards, Gibson Customer Service

Looks like your only choice is to get out a drill.

gibson said that it is cheep of wood that stuck in the chamber they said that it heppend alot and not big dill

Well there you go! Straight from the horse's mouth.

gibson said that it is cheep of wood that stuck in the chamber they said that it heppend alot and not big dill

As long as Gibson said it. Direct quote?

I would also advise to light it on fire, to burn out the cheep of wood. That should do the trick

Dude, my Studio does the same thing...this got mentioned like last year with another guy. Just do what I do...TURN UP YOUR AMP! You won't hear any rattling no matter how hard you shake it and it's not going to affect the sound either way.

Have you checked out inside the electronic on the back ( Guess you have) . In one of my sg's there was a tiny little thing in there causing some rustling (in my angus sig. I think it was put there on purpose, to copy the original) So if angus can live with it you can to. just kidding, it was kinda irritating . After having the guitar 5 minutes, i removed the rustling item

Archived