Gibson Brands Forums

Gigs Lining Up

FirstMeasure

not that kind of date[angry]

LOL!!

This weekend June 11th and 12 - Chads Place in Big Bear Lake

June 3rd - Diamond Lil's Saloon (Upstairs Bar at the Big Bear City Airport)

August 14th - Diamond Lil's Saloon

We're making more calls and sending Press Packages out to everyone in the Inland Empire.

That's great. Keep on rockin'.

If live music is making a resurgence' date=' that must mean the economy is turning around.

More people willing to go out and spend some money.

Good for ya'. Keep on rockin'.[/quote']

Best to ya Firsty!

We can only hope live music is making a resurgence.

Glad to hear. [cool]

Maybe things are picking up all over for live bands again. The past two years have been very sparse for me too' date=' but now I'm playing almost every other week. [/quote']

Thanks Fellas!!! I was starting to worry about live music, too. So many places have been using DJ's and Cheap "My Friends Little Brother's Band". The pendulum has to swing back our way.

It seems to be a slow recovery around here. More people are vacationing (Big Bear's a resort town), more people are going out, more boats on the lake this year than last. All good signs.

Remember' date=' if you have a few too many drinks, call Blackie to drive you home.

He knows all the "tricks"......

[/quote']

Better start him across the country now, I think I'll need a ride after Saturday Night :)

What we're seeing around here is an increase in number of travelers, but a decrease in spending per person.

My guess is that an advantage to live music is that it's a way to draw people in for "local ambience" and yet isn't really all that expensive an evening out.

Congrats to all who are gigging out. All I can claim is a benefit next weekend that I was warned, "you may need to do several pieces if..."

Sheesh.

And mostly I worry about having extra weekend work that keeps things too busy to go play... #$%@#$

Have fun guys... and yeah, a cupla extra bucks never hurt anybody!

m

Yes, we Need The Money. It's not like we don't work for it.

We had to do a Freebee to land the Airport Gigs. And last year we made 60 bucks each, at a party we threw ourselves and charged at the door. But we played a couple benefits for free that got us a Pretty Steady Ski Resort Gig, which got us in with some Bar Tenders that helped get us in these doors. Persistence pays.

Thanks Milo, I know it'll be a great time. Our vacationers don't exactly have money falling out of their pockets yet, either. We get a lot of multiple families renting cabins and BBQing instead of going out, but even that is an improvement on the last few years.

Hey, most of my money gigs have been a matter of learning new material to hit the anticipated audience for the given venue. Got me into rock again after being folkie-bluezie, into a couple styles of country...

EDIT... Just got thinkin' after first posting this... Most of us ain't playin' for the wealthy, so it's up to us to make their "evening out" worth every penny they spend... But then, I figure that way for any job I've had in or outside music.

m

Remember' date=' if you have a few too many drinks, call Blackie to drive you home.

He knows all the "tricks"......

[/quote']

UM yeah that's right.........FM is on the west coast and I am on the east so we are safe.

Now once AXE get's his bands shirts ready for sale I'll make the 4 hour trip down his way.

Hey' date=' most of my money gigs have been a matter of learning new material to hit the anticipated audience for the given venue. Got me into rock again after being folkie-bluezie, into a couple styles of country...

EDIT... Just got thinkin' after first posting this... Most of us ain't playin' for the wealthy, so it's up to us to make their "evening out" worth every penny they spend... But then, I figure that way for any job I've had in or outside music.

m

[/quote']

That's right. The audience has to feel like you're there to entertain them because you love it. The waitress has to serve them drinks because she love it, the bartender has to mix 'em cause he loves it.

It helps when you really do love what you're doing. My Uncle was a train engineer his whole life, he said he never had to work a day in his life because he loved what he did.

UM yeah that's right.........FM is on the west coast and I am on the east so we are safe.

Now once AXE get's his bands shirts ready for sale I'll make the 4 hour trip down his way.

Ah c'mon. It's only about a Three Day drive. A day and a half to Amarillo, eat at the Big Texan, then a Day and a Half to here. You don't even have to drive all the way tot he coast:-"

Cool, gotta Gig Tonight and just Added two more dates at a Local Lakeside Bar called "The Boathouse at B's Backyard BBQ" affectionately referred to as "B's" by the locals.

June 25th and 26th 9pm - Closing

Anyone in the So Cal area want a Great Weekend with Good Music and Summer Fun, Come on up to Big Bear and check us out

Archived