Gibson Brands Forums

Hi LP Forum, I'm a new member

ELLWOOD

No problem. I also wanted to be the first kid on the block to answer the inevitable "what's that gold guitar in the first photo?" question.

Does that one have the active electronics?

No they are passive HI and LOW Z PU's really low noise for going into the recording desk directly if you want. That thing just screams! Good show on knowing what it is!!

Welcome aboard. I really like that vintage look of your Deluxe. (That is a Deluxe' date=' right?)[/quote']

Thanks Saturn! Yep that's a 1969 Deluxe, original owner, the only thing changed on it are the tuning machines.

All Classic Rock and Blues' date=' do you allow sound file links on this forum Silver?? I've got some live recordings of us.[/quote']

Here are a couple more songs from us. First we have Black Hearted Women by the ABB http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6546198

Then we have for you listening amusement Little Bit of Sympathy by Mr. Trower: http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6546215 Hope ya like them, live levels are not real great but it's ok LOL

All Classic Rock and Blues' date=' do you allow sound file links on this forum Silver?? I've got some live recordings of us.[/quote']

I'm pretty sure...there is a Youtube button on the reply page. If not, post the link, can always copy and paste into a new window.

Very cool.

That was the first year for the Deluxe, no?

What sort of neck profile does it have?

I looked at a dozen used ones (and the prices keep going up) before I bought my new goldtop Deluxe. 60's neck.

Very cool.

That was the first year for the Deluxe' date=' no?

What sort of neck profile does it have?

I looked at a dozen used ones (and the prices keep going up) before I bought my new goldtop Deluxe. 60's neck.[/quote']

Sorry it took so long to respond! I didn't realize it went over to page 2! .. It's a thin profile, very comfortable and fast neck. It's my favorite for doing ABB material because Dickie Betts used on on most of his parts, just like this one. I put some live sound files on page 1 ... that is the Deluxe on those three tracks. I'm pretty sure the profile you have is the same as mine! Yes that was the first year of the Deluxe I'm pretty sure. I just read your profile... looks like we are of the same mind politically!!

I just read your profile... looks like we are of the same mind politically!!

Oh' date=' THAT profile!

:-)

Glad to see somebody in MoTown is leaning back to the Right.....

Keep it quiet, post in code.

Use phrases regarding [i']neck[/i] profiles and playing Right handed.

Nobody gets banned that way.....

:-)

Archived