Gibson Brands Forums

What are your plans for the summer?

dem00n

Wyoming...

I hope some of the campgrounds have dried out. A cupla weeks ago the buffalo newspaper sed there was a lotta yuck in area campgrounds of HW 16 which I prefer for travel over the mountain. Mebbe it's better by Tensleep and north on the west side.

Iowa to wyo, eh... Horrid drive. <grin> Cheyenne to Lincoln ain't fun. But then there are those who say the same about Billings to Fargo or Rapid to Soo Foo.

Grampa...

Sheesh, I wish I could say I'm gettin' close to 64.

Nathan...

check out the high school national finals rodeo in Gillette, Wyo. on the web.

m

Tonight and tomorrow night I'll be sitting in with the house band at BB King's Blues Club in Orlando (Come and see me if you can). Then after the 4th of July I'm off to Nashville and Memphis for a month to listen to some blues and hopefully play some too ( with a reference from the Orlando BB King's!).

In Memphis I plan on touring the Gibson factory and Beale Street.

Any suggestions on "don't miss" places to see in Memphis or Nashville?

Here is a video of my last appearance at BB King's in Orlando, playing my Es-345:

'10 Fender American Select Mahogany HSS Strat

'07 Fender Custom Shop Vintage Heavy Relic HB Tele

Gibson ES-345 RI

Gibson Les Paul Studio

Schecter California Custom Hellcat

Squier Bullet/Seymour Duncan HB/LockingTuners

Breedlove AD25/SR Plus Acoustic

Hohner ECA 612 12-String Acoustic

Plan # 1

Waiting for this long softball season to end[blink] .... My daughter made the Walnut 14 year old all star team (she's only 12) and we practice 3-4 days a week. And play Tournaments every weekend..... including the 4th of July Weekend#-o .... But thank god that is the last tournament.

Plan#2

Take a week vacation and fly out to St. Louis and finish our recording.

Plan#3

Taking the family to Hawaii for two weeks.

jilaw50

The Dixon Gallery and gardens is one of the less-known neat places to visit in Memphis if you like impressionist and post-impressionist paintings.

Pink Palace museum is kinda neat, too. Usta have a "This is the first supermarket" display that was neat. Beale Street actually is just a new place with saloons. Peabody Hotel usta have a bakery worth 10 minutes just looking at the offerings and then coffee and whatever - then check out the time for the ducks to come from their penthouse there if they're still doin' that. The zoo useta be kinda fun too. I don't know anything about the new glass pyramid they have.

Nashville... I dunno with the flood. Check out the Hermitage, though.

m

I'm taking about 6 weeks in a row off starting at the end of July.

Always some home projects but I hope to spend some regular time with the guitars. Some fishing and golf and generally hanging out by the lake recharging the batteries.

Dave

Vacation in Shenandoah Valley and Myrtle Beach--in VA and SC respectively' date=' for those unsure of the geographical implications.

Studying for my learner's permit.

Playing some guitar.

Might go to Kings Dominion in VA.[/quote']

You must be a Civil War buff.

Archived