Gibson Brands Forums

First low humidity day in the Northeast after getting my J45 TV

MapleManiac

Hi ... ive often thought my mahogany guitar still sounds good in high humidity whereas my rosewood sounds like crap.. that J45 TV is a killer guitar .. mine just celebrated its first birthday.. happy playing!

Mike

What year is your J-45 TV. Does it have the Sitka top or Adi?

Adirondack top. It's brand new. Left the Gibson factory on June 1st.

Of course.............we've gone back to about 1,000 percent humidity for the past week and it's lost some of it's life and crispness. But I'm sure that will change.

Of course.............we've gone back to about 1' date='000 percent humidity for the past week and it's lost some of it's life and crispness. But I'm sure that will change. [/quote']

Don't worry.

The magic will return on the northerly breeze.

Of course.............we've gone back to about 1' date='000 percent humidity for the past week and it's lost some of it's life and crispness. But I'm sure that will change. [/quote']

You could always move to Southern Arizona......

[cool]

NO! We cannot skip summer and go to fall. I'm entitled to my 5 weeks of summer a year.

Glad to hear you're loving your guitar' date=' Maple.[/quote']

I guess I can see your point if you live in Calgary. But oddly enough I've always thought I might actually like the Canada climate. I'm not much of a hot weather guy.

NO! We cannot skip summer and go to fall. I'm entitled to my 5 weeks of summer a year.

Glad to hear you're loving your guitar' date=' Maple.[/quote']

I guess I can see your point if you live in Calgary. But oddly enough I've always thought I might actually like the Canada climate. I'm not much of a hot weather guy.

Archived