Gibson Brands Forums

Explanation please

JimR56

I've been a member here for quite awhile. My preferred discussion forum, which I had bookmarked and visited almost daily for the past year or two, was the Vintage Gibsons forum.

Today, when I tried to log on, I got an error message... "Access denied; You tried to enter an area where you didn't have access". I went to the forums index, and could not find the Vintage Gibsons forum. I found a thread in the Feedback forum called "Forum Update and Maintenance", which announced (quite vaguely) that the forums were being re-arranged in some way. I posted a question in that topic as to what had happened to the Vintage Gibsons forum. I returned several times today to see whether my question had been answered. After several hours, I've returned again only to find that the "Forum Update and Maintenance" topic has disappeared.

Could someone please tell me (us) what is going on? An awful lot of worthwhile information about Vintage Gibson guitars and history has suddenly disappeared with no explanation or warning (as far as I've been able to tell); a favorite forum of mine has disappeared; and the thread where I asked for an explanation has disappeared.

Explanation, please?

Thanks.

The folks who maintain the website are doing some upgrades and streamlining of the forum. I don't know the details but I did get an email from them saying some changes were occuring and the forum could be a little quirky for a couple days.

I can't imagine them nuking the Vintage section.... it may just be temporarily lost in the shuffle. Hang in there, it'll probably reappear.

It would seem hard for me to justify removing the "vintage" board since Gibson's reputation and popularity has largely been built on what is perceived as the greatness of their vintage instruments. That should be obvious to the powers-at-be since they are making so many "reissues"

Of course, we must remember that Gibson is in the business to sell NEW products, and as an extension of their official corporate website, this forum exists to promote sales. A place to discuss "the real thing" can only help to generate interst in the reissues.

If they want to streamline this forum, I can surely see other catagories, or sub-catagories, that are much less useful, some of which could be deleted, and others could be combined.

Forum cleanup is still going on' date=' we're still reviewing some to decide whether to keep them active as well as their placement. Thanks!

[/quote']

Howbout (I know that's not a word) fixing the time stamp.

Craig

Archived