Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

Bramerstein

Just bought a used 2007 Gibson SG Special EMG at GC. They have to hold it till the 19th to make sure its not stolen. The first major turn on to me was the PERFECT ebony fingerboard with white binding and the Thinner contour neck. It has a couple body dings but nothin major. Also, I heard Gibson only made 400 of them in the world? So If I kept this bad boy stock for alooong time I would be in good shape?.

Congrats on your SG Special GOTW. [biggrin]

Cool look. Trapazoids and binding on a Special with a ebony fretboard - nice.

Guitar of the Week - Week 32 -

SGMTSEBC1_.jpg

... So If I kept this bad boy stock for alooong time I would be in good shape?.

Maybe.

You can always swap stuff in, just keep the original parts.

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Divisions/Gibson%20USA/Guitar%20of%20the%20Week/SG_Special-Week_32/

I know this is part of Florida law, but wouldn't it makes sense to check to see if the guitar was stolen as soon as they can, rather than wait until someone buys it?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but that's what I've gathered from various people.

Cool SG man. Now just swap out those freakin' EMG's for some good sounding pups and you're good to go! Sorry, I'm just kidding. That's a pretty sweet SG, and rare too. :-k

Congrats on the SG. Don't pay attention to comments about EMG's. My son just started playing guitar again and I gave him my Prophecy EX SG which has EMG's and he love's the guitar. It fits the type of music he likes to play (Metallica, Ozzy etc.) Rock On Bro and if it plays good and you like the sound play til your fingers bleed.

Rewd.

I know this is part of Florida law' date=' but wouldn't it makes sense to check to see if the guitar was stolen as soon as they can, rather than wait until someone buys it?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but that's what I've gathered from various people.[/quote']

From my experience with used gear at Guitar Center...

The wait period starts when the used gear is taken in.

The gear goes on display after a brief period of ID, and entry into the system, but is on hold.

After the waiting period is over, you can take the gear home.

If you find something you like, you can put a deposit down, or pay in full, and the gear is pulled from the showroom until the period is over.

Archived