Gibson Brands Forums

Doncha love it when.....

Gilliangirl

..... you find a new song that: (a) rocks your world; ([biggrin] is easy to play, and most importantly, © is fun to play? I love getting inspired by new (to me) music. I was just wailing away last night on the J-185 of all things (that's the one whose neck gives me trouble) playing a whole bunch of new songs. So much fun! My favourite of the evening was Leave The Pieces by the Wreckers.

I'm going to plow through all my domestic responsibilities today so that I can head down to the music room tonight for a repeat performance! [biggrin]

The girls are playing some nice guitars, too!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTJ8ZSZRG_o[/YOUTUBE]

Yup, sure do. For me it was an acoustic version of the Mother Truckers "Streets of Atlanta." It may owe more than a slight nod to "let it Bleed" but the tune is infectious as all get out. We ran it up the flagpole at a gig last weekend and it got alot of folks up and out of their seats.

The Wreckers have amazing hair stylists and make up artists - but can they convincingly sing

"It Wasn't God Who Made Honky Tonk Angels" ?

That anti-Nashville rant aside, my natural style hooks up great with Canada's own Fred Eaglesmith

singing "Alcohol and Pills."

Finding simple tunes that fit and allow instant "wailing away" is one of the great pleasures of playing...

Yea, I like the wreckers! Their voices really blend well. Pull up some of their live acoustic sets. Really good stuff. I believe they recorded an acoustic set at a bar somewhere in Nashville. It aired on CMT about a year or two ago. Oh yea, they play Gibson's!!!

In the end though for me it still comes down to airing new tunes out in front of people even if it is at an informal get together. If it is going to come together for me - that it when it is going to happen because it seems everything gets twisted and turned around and often something very different than you planned comes out. Not saying it always works but there is something about the energy you get from playing with others in front of people that playing alone in my room can't match.

Yea' date=' I like the wreckers! Their voices really blend well. Pull up some of their live acoustic sets. Really good stuff... [/quote']

I probably would like them in a live acoustic format, or really jamming on their porch --- my dig was more at the current Nashville music video mentality...

Stay in a room with CMT on long enough and you'll see so many glamour puss models with voice lessons in the same type videos that they all start to run together after awhile...

Well GG' date=' you are just a country girl at heart, aren't you????[/quote']

I do seem to lean in that direction. It's all Gillian's fault [lol]

Hey! Speaking of Gillian, I think Dave is on NPR tonight. Better go check that out...... (whoosh!)

Archived