Gibson Brands Forums

So completely off topic, well...

Riverside

Let me get this straight, you have a dog that cleans up after your other dogs and you want to stop him?

Hell I have a very large black lab that I have been scooping up after for 11 years, so I have a idea, get a whole pack of these little fellers, and go into business- You could start a whole new breed, a cottage industry, franchise the idea...

Riverside, are you telling us that you're only keeping this dog for awhile? I'll believe that when I see it. So adorable and will win your heart over. It would take 10 of those to weigh the same as one of my cats.

I don't agree with Jocko's suggestion to spray water in their face. That just makes them head-shy and nervous over the long run. I have a friend who is a dog trainer. I'll ask her if she's ever come across this, er, habit before and what she did about it? What about emailing that Cesar guy? I've been able to accomplish training by using the same techniques the mother dog would use. When he does something wrong, pinch him lightly (like a mother dog would bite) on the back of the neck and say 'no' loudly and firmly.

Anyway, I'll ask Trudy , my dog-trainer friend.

Riverside' date=' are you telling us that you're only keeping this dog for awhile? I'll believe that when I see it. So adorable and will win your heart over. It would take 10 of those to weigh the same as one of my cats.

I don't agree with Jocko's suggestion to spray water in their face. That just makes them head-shy and nervous over the long run. I have a friend who is a dog trainer. I'll ask her if she's ever come across this, er, habit before and what she did about it? What about emailing that Cesar guy? I've been able to accomplish training by using the same techniques the mother dog would use. When he does something wrong, pinch him lightly (like a mother dog would bite) on the back of the neck and say 'no' loudly and firmly.

Anyway, I'll ask Trudy , my dog-trainer friend.[/quote']

Thanks -

Jet will live here, but will most likely spend some quality time on the road with a handler. We've had some experience with the little, little ones (under 3lbs), and so we were chosen by the breeder (tag, you're it) to keep this one breathing and ready for the show ring.

I've just never had one that so enjoys a leisurely chaw.

Riverside' date=' are you telling us that you're only keeping this dog for awhile? I'll believe that when I see it. So adorable and will win your heart over. It would take 10 of those to weigh the same as one of my cats.

Anyway, I'll ask Trudy , my dog-trainer friend.[/quote']

You got it right on the mark! Great advice Gilliangirl! [cool]

You just wait till we hook up I'll grab a spray bottle and get you for disagreeing with me.......................... lol

Ooooh' date=' them's fightin' words! You spray-bottle me and I'll just have to bite you in the butt! I just had my teeth floated (see pic to left) and you'll be sportin' a big owie [lol

Riverside, I haven't heard back from Trudy yet but will report asap when I do

Got a new puppy (wasn't looking for one) and he just loves chewing on the droppings of the original cast and crew.

I suppose there's an idea that says that dogs do not completely metabolize their food' date=' and therefore the waste might be somewhat like food.

I'm looking at some nutritional supplements that claim "to make the poo taste bad"... (I'm not going there.)

Does anyone here have any experience in solving this dilemma?

[img']http://imgur.com/WvVo1.jpg[/img]

i better not let my missus see this pic...she'll want one! :-

can't help with the poo problem but that is a cute little thing O:)

Archived