Gibson Brands Forums

'59 Burst LP Worth

therookie_123

Hey guys, why are the oh so covetted '59 Les Paul Bursts so damn expensive!!! I understand that they are rare, but 700,000 dollars!!! It's absurd, I don't care if Jesus played it! I'd love to own one, don't get me wrong, but still! A 3,000 dollar LP reissue sounds just as great!

it got you and I to post here' date=' didnt it?[/quote']

Yeah, but so far, anything that has been on this thread is not related. I can almost guarantee the other posts will be commenting on something you or myself brought up. If anything, it detracts from the usefulness of the thread IMHO

Yeah' date=' but so far, anything that has been on this thread is not related. I can almost guarantee the other posts will be commenting on something you or myself brought up. If anything, it detracts from the usefulness of the thread IMHO[/quote']

all true.

Hey guys' date=' why are the oh so covetted '59 Les Paul Bursts so damn expensive!!! I understand that they are rare, but 700,000 dollars!!! It's absurd, I don't care if Jesus played it! I'd love to own one, don't get me wrong, but still! A 3,000 dollar LP reissue sounds just as great! [/quote']

Well I'm just gonna get this out of the way and say that it is the Holy Grail of all guitars. Secondly, try finding one in your local guitar shop, or any guitar shop for that matter. They are so rare that Gibson actually made a video asking people to look in their attics and closets because they can't locate quite a few of them.

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Crap. I just looked in my attic. No 59 Gibby. No guitar of any kind. That eliminates one more attic, even though my attic is only 8 years old. Thought someone might have stashed one there. NO - I am not an attic addict. Guess the best place to start would have been in Kalamazoo's attic's?

We were all rookies once...ok, maybe twice. [biggrin]

Crap. I just looked in my attic. No 59 Gibby. No guitar of any kind. That eliminates one more attic' date=' even though my attic is only 8 years old. Thought someone might have stashed one there. NO - I am not an attic addict. Guess the best place to start would have been in Kalamazoo's attic's?

We were all rookies once...ok, maybe twice. [cool

Well....I don't have an attic....so you were closer to having one than me.

[biggrin]

To see Slash with a $750' date='000 guitar is like seeing a homeless guy with Dom Perignon.

The only difference is the homeless fella probably smells better than Slash.[/quote']

Is there a particular reason why you hate Slash?

Is there a particular reason why you hate Slash?

Hes very over rated as a guitar player and I tend to lean towards people who practise

proper hygiene skills.

I never understood his popularity. [cool]

Who was the one playing the anvil on "Maxwell's Silver Hammer"?

It was Mal Evans who hit the anvil.....he was the Beatles assistant (among other things)

Archived