Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Montana Trailer will be in my area Tomorrow!!! Check out the guitars I get to drool on!!!

Taylor Player

Got it... and the Beatles Chronicles and the Beatles Recording Sessions... [confused]

... we now return you to your regularly scheduled programming...

I'm re-hijacking it! Does anyone know whether the third (2010) edition of Beatles Gear is significantly revised -- say' date=' as revised relative to the second as the second was to the first? (I'm a little gunshy after shelling out for the second edition of [i']Fab Flat-tops[/i].)

Speaking of Andy and Beatles gear, here's a photo of him with Ren Ferguson, getting the specs of John's (second) J-160E back in the day.

Ren-cropped2.jpg

Note Ren's glove -- he wasn't supposed to touch the guitar directly. (Yoko's orders!)

-- Bob R

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Woah! Thanks for the pics! A buddy showed me the list' date=' but I wasn't able to get out there to see the trailer.

So many beautiful guitars!

Would've been great just to strum 'em a bit. [/quote']

Ahhhhh It was a pleasure to pick away an hour or so at the trailer and talk Gibsons with the Reps. I will do it again if they come back.

You from Minnesota Adoptedson? (I am an adoptee myself!) [crying]

Ahhhhh It was a pleasure to pick away an hour or so at the trailer and talk Gibsons with the Reps. I will do it again if they come back.

You from Minnesota Adoptedson? (I am an adoptee myself!) [biggrin]

Indeed' date=' I live in St. Louis Park. I've lurked in these forums for a while, never posted. Nice to meet ya![biggrin

Indeed' date=' I live in St. Louis Park. I've lurked in these forums for a while, never posted. Nice to meet ya![biggrin']

Another "Park" dweller here only it's Brooklyn Park. [biggrin]

Nice to meet you too! If we ever get a Gibson get-together maybe we can meet. I was just down there the other day picking up a new/used Jumbo case for my old Framus 12 string I got off Craigslist to live in during the winter.

What guitars do you have now? I am currently living with a 2005 Gibson AJ, a 1964 Gibson LG1, a 1967 Gibson LG0, a 1993 Taylor 612C and my beat up 1969 Framus 12 string along with a couple of those "Darkside" electric guitars as well.

What guitars do you have now? I am currently living with a 2005 Gibson AJ' date=' a 1964 Gibson LG1, a 1967 Gibson LG0, a 1993 Taylor 612C and my beat up 1969 Framus 12 string along with a couple of those "Darkside" electric guitars as well. [/quote']

Whew, you got a nice collection!

I own one nice guitar, it's a 2010 SWD Standard(sunburst). I've only had it a few months, but I'm in love. It's my first Gibson and I'm also afraid that i've been bitten by the bug, because I know the next guitar I'll buy will probably be another Gibson acoustic[blink]. Yes I think I'm hooked.

Waaaa! A bag of frogs?!?!!?! Waaaaaa! Now that's funny!

(Aside to aj: I am' date=' in fact, just that mad.)

[/quote']

I don't know about that Buc.....

Take it from an old "River Rat" that grew up spending summers on the Mississippi River in Wabasha, MN...... you don't want to be as mad as a Bag of Frogs! [biggrin] They get "Hoppin" mad!!!!

Hey adoptedson.... fee free to PM me and if you ever want to get together and jam on some Gibsons (or my Taylor [cool] ) just let me know. I work from home during the day and am around a lot. [biggrin] (I would love to play your SWD sometime... I don't think I have played one of those for a long time!)

Hmmm . . . . Having seen that gold top J-45 I was gassing after one and came across this on ebay. Check out the differences between it and the one in TP's trailer photo.

The one on ebay has different tuners, a black nut and a black pick guard. What gives?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GIBSON-CUSTOM-SHOP-J-45-Gold-Top-Acoustic-Only-50-Made-/330451187445?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Guitar&hash=item4cf06cf6f5

. . . . you mean TYPICAL Gibson?!!! Changing specs.

Ha ha you'd think that in a limited run of 50 there would be some continuity!!!

I like the one with the tortoise guard so if anyone sees one please post a link.

Hmmm . . . . Having seen that gold top J-45 I was gassing after one and came across this on ebay. Check out the differences between it and the one in TP's trailer photo.

The one on ebay has different tuners' date=' a black nut and a black pick guard. What gives?[/quote']

Maybe the one on the trailer was specifically built for this road trip? I notice that it does not say "Custom" on the truss rod cover like the one on Ebay either and I saw nothing on it that indicated it was a limited run of 50.....

Maybe the one on the trailer was specifically built for this road trip? I notice that it does not say "Custom" on the truss rod cover like the one on Ebay either and I saw nothing on it that indicated it was a limited run of 50.....

Yes, maybe that's it. I'd love to know what price they were selling that one on the road trip for!

I had always thought the opening riff on "I Feel Fine" was Lennon's Rickenbacker 325 (Miami) but' date=' of course, it was the J160e.[/quote']

Wow. Now I need to get that book! That opening riff sounded so Gretschy I just assumed it was one of George's chubby Brooklynites.

Archived