Gibson Brands Forums

This song is EPIC!

Tman5293

Why does everyone hate Disturbed??[biggrin] I think they're pretty good. I mean rock ain't rocket science:-"

Every, and I mean EVERY single song sounds the same. That is just about it, they have some good songs, I have most of their CDs, but they all sound the same

You do have a point Fred, but it's like, the in thing now is to hate on any rock that is new, I just don't get it. Look I know that rock ain't exactly goin' through a renaissance lately, but hey, at least it beats hip-hop[biggrin]

You do have a point Fred' date=' but it's like, the in thing now is to hate on any rock that is new, I just don't get it. Look I know that rock ain't exactly goin' through a renaissance lately, but hey, at least it beats hip-hop[biggrin']

I know. My musical tastes go in phases, usually every couple of months. It goes from an intense metal obsession, to old blues, to nu-metal (just for dem00n), to punk, to everything in between. I have tried to like them, but their songs sound the same. Oh, and the songs that don't have that nasty high pitched singing. Not for me. Let's get Steve in here so he can say Moore is a billion times better than them [biggrin]

I respect them, I just don't care for them

Not to hate on "new" music... but it sounded to me a lot like "Enter Sandman" in places' date=' only poorly mixed.

Sorry - I tried to like it, but it just didn't work out for me.[/quote']

Why do you old guys think everything sounds like metallica?

The Metallica comparison can be taken two ways. One can either interpret the comment as an insult or perhaps a compliment......[lol]

I'm guessing it's one of those generational things. The parents of "Old guys" probably couldn't tell the difference between The Beatles and The Rolling Stones. There will come a time when the "youngins" will do the same thing. Whatever. Take it with a grain of salt or not at all.

The Metallica comparison can be taken two ways. One can either interpret the comment as an insult or perhaps a compliment......[lol]

I'm guessing it's one of those generational things. The parents of "Old guys" probably couldn't tell the difference between The Beatles and The Rolling Stones. There will come a time when the "youngins" will do the same thing. Whatever. Take it with a grain of salt or not at all.

No, some of the changes sound like "Enter Sandman" to me. Only mixed badly. Blast beats don't hide it.

Listen closely.

Ma knew the difference between the Stones and the Beatles.

New, schmoo. When it's a rip, it's a rip. They have a responsibility to do better, or else they get called on it.

Archived