Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Studio with P-Rails

dponzi

I posted this guitar a few months ago when I first got it. It didn't have any pickups. I just had P-rails and Triple-Shot mounting rings installed. I got it back about 2 weeks ago. Its awesome. I'm having a blast with this. The different tones are unending. My favorite is, if you just have the bridge pickup, single coil, it sounds just like a Strat. I've never owned a Strat, so I'm having fun with it. If anyone is thinking of getting these, I recommend them.

100_2737.jpg?t=1279916656

How clean is the neck in humbucker mode? (And I've imagined an identical project' date=' so congrats!)[/quote']

lowb5str, the neck is very clean. To my tone deaf ears, parallel seems a bit cleaner and brighter than series. I've actually been playing mostly in p-90 mode. There's a bunch of videos on youtube demonstrating the different options. You might want to take a look at those. Just do a search on p-rail.

I bought these pickups for a Les Paul Studio project I've been working on, it's good to see a positive review on an almost identical setup. Mine is a little different, i'll have a momentary button where the toggle switch goes, and a combo of a toggle and 3 push pull pots to switch through the pickup settings, and a Kahler 7200 Hybrid Tremelo.

• 4 weeks later...

Great guitar! I was thinking about installing a P-Rail at neck position with a 4-way rotary selector for the modes, and a 500R Zebra at bridge with a coil-tap push-pull pot. Endless combination of sounds! Maybe I will do it soon... :-k

Archived