Gibson Brands Forums

A Rare Look Inside.

AXE®

Nope I would guess the C-17; looks to big to be a C130 on the inside. Also no web seats on the side of cabin...

I was thinking C-5. That's what my son is currently working on, although he's soon going to be working on C-17s in Alaska.

Quite a show.

If one might quote Francis Scott Key:

O! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand

Between their loved home and the war's desolation!

Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land

Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.

One might note two things.

The song was treated first as a "national anthem" as I recall, at Fort Meade, Dakota Territory - near the town known as Sturgis that has become somewhat more famous for a motorcycle rally than its connection with both Custer's cavalry unit, Marcus Reno's final fall, and the anthem.

Secondly, although initially perceived as having a bit of historic anti-British sentiment, it was played after 9-11 in London at the traditional changing of the guard.

A low-level B-1 bomber flyover, btw, has become a tradition at the Black Hills Roundup rodeo on July 4. This past year the flyover was performed by a pilot who won his first buckle for bronc riding at the same arena, and was taught to fly by the former PRCA cowboy who also taught him to ride broncs. The flyover follows a performance of the anthem by the Cowboy Band that on July 4 includes musicians from all over the U.S.

m

Archived