Gibson Brands Forums

Anybody going to Lollapalooza?

NeoConMan

http://2010.lollapalooza.com/

Soundgarden?

That's pretty cool.

Beyond that' date=' <yawn.....>[/quote']

Was going to... couldn't justify the cost for the few bands I wanted to see. Lady Gaga was the killer for me, wasn't gonna go just because she was there. Wish I could have seen Soundgarden, Black Keys, Wolfmother... that's about it.

Always wondered when Madonna would finally be considered a has-been.

25 years and she's still doing it.

(Don't misunderstand me, I couldn't care less, but she's self-made and wealthy because of it.)

I think Ga Ga has kicked her right square in the ***.

(Like I said, I couldn't care less, just an observation.)

Always wondered when Madonna would finally be considered a has-been.

25 years and she's still doing it.

(Don't misunderstand me' date=' I couldn't care less, but she's self-made and wealthy because of it.)

I think Ga Ga has kicked her right square in the ***.

(Like I said, I couldn't care less, just an observation.)[/quote']

It's chock full of little kids now I bet... too many people to see her. I guess it brings in a ton of money for the organization, but its driving away people because they are "selling out"

Just my skewed, biased point of view. Say I'm wrong, I don't care

Been there... done that.

In fact, Soundgarden was great.

I remember standing besides Dave Grohl and the rest of the Foo dudes and watching them from the isle center stage. It was kind of weird as if the Foo Fighters wanted Chris and Kim and the rest of the gardeners to see them standing there.

I remeber it all as if it were yesterday.

Soundgarden played "Waiting for the Sun," by the Doors. It was incredibly good stuff. Then, later, Cornell came out with a Stratocaster slung over his shoulder and played and sang "Black Hole Sun," all by himself.

Thayil was a guitar shred machine that night. His solos were tight and well put together.

Yeah, probably won't make it to Lollapalooza anytime soon.

Lolla hasn't had a spectacular lineup for years now. With Perry's little radius clause and knack for headlining quite a few bands past their prime (aka himself) and changing it to more family oriented it really keeps away quite a few people. Would have loved to have been old enough for the 90's lollapaloozas. He always has half a dozen bands I would really like to see together but they always get scheduled on different stages at the same time.

Archived