Gibson Brands Forums

J-100 Xtra

modoc_333

The Gibby super jumbos are world class guitars. The Gibson bashers are not fond of them, but they've got taste-for-xxxx, so who cares. I used to play a J100 at GC all the time. It was bibinga with a spruce top, I think. I already had a J150, so I wasn't in the market for one, but it was a very nice instrument. Big, powerful, yet gentle on the fingers. The super jumbos are thunder in a wooden box.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK...that worked, frenchie1281734003 - I briefly described my J100-c w/ pic. It's not for sale. I can't replace it. 1 of 25 made. It's #25. But as I wrote previously, the jumbo is getting to be too big for me to handle ( I've even got into ukes in the last few years for that reason. (will send pic). I am willing to trade my extra for a smaller body Gibson though. Of coarse "The Kind", right?.... If you haven't tried ukes in your collection...haha they are a smile machine. [thumbup]

Tried to send a pic of my latest uke, but not enough K's to attach. Don't know why it's only 395kb ???

• 1 year later...

Hey everyone... russ up here in Vermont.

i just was very fortunate to be able to get a J100

which should be here in about a week.

i'll try to post a few pics soon.

best,

russ richter

Congrats and welcome! We look forward to pics!

Welcome.

Beautiful looking J-100.

Great looking back. The graining is really nice on both the back and sides.

I also like the dark color of the rosewood. A real standout example.

Congrats. . B)

Welcome, Russ. Congrats on the J-100. Looks like a nice one. Those photos look familiar... did you find it online?

Also-

As we're talking about all of the different variations of the J-100, Rivington Guitars (NYC) has a re-issue SJ-100 that's

pretty close to how they originally came. Except for the scary screwed-down pickguard (off of an SJ-200?). It might not have the individually adjustable string saddle bearings, but

check out the stair-stepped headstock & how the bridge pins follow the contour of the bridge; compliments the shape

of the moustache bridge nicely.

From Rivington's website (also on ebay, but w/less pics):

http://www.gbase.com/powered/geardetails.aspx?dealer=745b3089-99e1-4384-8763-845057ec7bf7&item=2998617#

able to zoom in on bridge pic on ebay listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370614200174?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

• 3 years later...

Archived