Gibson Brands Forums

Our new home...

Lerxst1281733995

This isn't Kansas anymore is it? Made the leap, crossed the bridge, jumped the ditch, wound up in this big white space on the first try....hope that's a good omen. Kinda feels like showing up early to a class reunion though. Well now that I'm here...where's the punch bowl and food table? How long ya think before everybody shows up? Or will some just leave since the party moved? Hope everybody gets here and things go better than ever...this live thing sounds like it might be kinda neat........... Wedgie

Thanks to Notes for pointing the way to the new forum. It looks pretty good.

You're welcome. I found the Gibson/Epiphone forum from a post on the old Epi forum ("thank you" to whoever posted that one - I don't remember) and that's where I found the notice that the old Epi forum will be nuked in a couple of weeks.

I think we are going to like it here. The new forum is easier to use. I like the fact that we can see who the last poster was before going to the thread' date=' and we can go to the last page without opening the first page first.

I also like the way they did preview/post feature, and the little tabs up top make it easy to print in [b']bold[/b], italics, underline a word or a few, print big, or small, post pictures (see the picture thread) and so on.

And is it my imagination, is this forum faster to respond, or does it just look faster?

The only thing I don't like about it is the small default type font size. I use a laptop with a screen resolution of 1400 by 1050 and have middle-aged eyes. But I can use the ThinkPad's pointing stick with the CTRL key to enlarge the font (mouse people can use CTRL and the scroll wheel).

One thing I wonder about. when logging in, there is a check box next to the phrase, Auto Login:. I've logged in with it checked and with it unchecked and haven't noticed any difference. Does anybody know what Auto Login: actually does?

Thanks,

Notes

Hi - my first post on either site. I usually hang out at the Les Paul forum as I own 4 beautiful Gibsons but recently purchased a Sheraton II and was amazed at the quality of this Korean guitar.

Ahh... Slumming, are ya? O:)

Welcome to the (new) monkey farm!

(feels funny sayinf 'welcome' here, dunnit?)

• 1 year later...

Archived