Gibson Brands Forums

One of a Kind Epiphone

enjoyfebruary

I just wanted to post my creation. Since it really isnt a Dot Studio anymore I like to call it the Cambridge. (yes I know Vox guys) It has a very smooth, twangy sound but it not harsh or muddy. I was able to keep it way within my budget at only 360 bucks. I hope you like it.

Dot Studio in Worn Brown

GFS NYII Pickups

Frequensator Tail Piece

Schaller Tuners

Gibson 335 Pickguard ( Long Style )

Chrome Tune-o-matic ( just to match )

Gibson Reflector Knobs

DSC00285.jpg

DSC00286.jpg

DSC00291.jpg

• 3 years later...

Looks really good, I love playing with that tailpiece.

If you like the worn finish that's cool, but if that was my guitar I 'd add position marker inlays and spray a few coats of something with a higher gloss right over the whole thing.

A very nice looking guitar, good idea putting that tailpiece on a Dot.

If you like the worn finish that's cool, but if that was my guitar I 'd add position marker inlays and spray a few coats of something with a higher gloss right over the whole thing.

I think it can be waxed or oiled and then buffed to a high polish. I think I remember that TWANG did that to his Dot Studio.

Really cool mods... I hope that hasn't taken you since Jan'08 to complete though?

Given that he has two posts in almost four years, I figure he either has a life,

or the mods didn't work out and he'll re-post once it's fixed........[flapper][scared] :blink: .......

Archived