Gibson Brands Forums

Slash Signature mystery solved

RotcanX

If the rumours of new pricing and availability are true then this could turn out to be a very good buy for someone....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140206161918&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=004

Its a shame as the guy is only 2 miles away from me so i would even save on the shipping, its still a bit rich for me and i'm holding out for something else...

Well' date=' it seems that as soon as Epiphone pops in a pair of real pickups, the price goes up like this. Basically the Slash Sig is showing at the same list price as the Zakk Wylde LPs, which also have aftermarket (EMG) pickups.

Now if you were to take a regular Epi LP Custom in Vintage Sunburst, and then pop in a pair of SD Alnico Pro IIs, you'd end up paying about $935 Cdn after taxes (assuming you install them yourself), so, for the additional 65 bucks you are getting a true "long tenon" neck with a special contour. Sounds reasonable to me.

[/quote']

Hmm dunno about that but a couple local music stores have epi standards for $450-500, seems like tossing in the pickups would still leave you coming out ahead.

I guess its a great value if the thing has superior build quality like the Joe Perry's I've played had.

Otherwise for anywhere near a grand I'm going for an Elitist Standard or a Gibson Studio (assuming I could find a nice studio that didn't play like poo)

Shrugs, to each his own though. I was just curious.

Newbie here.

I bought the Epiphone Slash signature today from a Toronto dealer.

Maybe I paid too much. Maybe I didn't. Don't know. Don't care. I played it and I like it. It seems very well made. Tiny spot o glue on the 22nd fret but other than that it appears pretty much flawless.

It is surprisingly loud accoustically and has tons of sustain.

Plugged it into the Marshall MG15 and me likey. Got home to late though and can't crank it do to neighbour proximity but tomorrows another day.

They should tell the factory not to put that stupid top hat feature sticker on the body though. It is a ***** to get off the glue residue. I'm working at that slowly so as to not scratch the finish. If someone has a magic solution I would appreciate it.

If the rumours of new pricing and availability are true then this could turn out to be a very good buy for someone....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140206161918&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=004

Its a shame as the guy is only 2 miles away from me so i would even save on the shipping' date=' its still a bit rich for me and i'm holding out for something else...[/quote']

Yipes! That is a bit much... But that's probably in line with what they'll retail for in the UK...

So you're a Lester, eh? I have a friend over here from Leicestershire... He lives across the street from me... Maybe you know him? #-o

The Slash is actually $130.00 more than the Zakk Wylde on retail price - $1464 vs $1332. Street price on the Zakk Wylde is $799. So street price on the Slash will likely be closer to $900.

I wonder if the initial $699 price was a mistake? The Slash has the long neck tenon' date=' Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pros ($108 bucks each) and Nickel (rather than chrome) hardware. That would seem to me to actually be more extensive, and more expensive, modifications than the Wylde. So I guess it does make sense that the Slash would cost more.[/quote']

I'm wondering if they maybe decided to include the hardcase and charge more... originally the 699 price didn't include the optional hardcase... which i think was going to be like 130 or so...

maybe they figured to include the hardcase so justify the higher price, since some people might not have sprung the extra cash for the case...

just a thought... the description on the epiphone news site doesn't really specifiy if the hardcase is optional or not... but seems to imply that it's standard....

http://www.epiphone.com/news.asp?NewsID=1133

peace

So you guys are going to get them and play them? I'm torn between an instrument being worthless if it's not getting played, and a limited edition thingy that shouldn't be taken out of the plastic wrap.

Then again, I want to get a Les Paul Studio and throw in Super Distortions; I wouldn't want to mess with the electronics in the slash, and i have an LP Special 2, so at SOME POINT I'd have 3 Les Pauls! (and then I want a black Epi explorer with the white pick guard later ...)

Yipes! That is a bit much... But that's probably in line with what they'll retail for in the UK...

So you're a Lester' date=' eh? I have a friend over here from Leicestershire... He lives across the street from me... Maybe you know him? O:) [/quote']

He's a great guy, used to play football with him!!!!

HI PEOPLE, new to the forum , thinking so hard on getting the slash les paul signature, i was just reading and i heard about that big foboff hat being a sticker, i just wanna clarify it is a STICKER right? because i might not like it and id wanna take it off :P reply soon as :D

I'm sure its a great guitar. And I think Slash has one of the most amazing tones around.

But speaking for myself, I have a problem with "Signature model" guitars.

I just have a thing against having some other guitarists signature on MY guitar. Unless they signed it themselves for me.

In which case it would probably end up in a nice glass case and just be a display model never to be played again (Well, maybe like once a year on my birthday or something).

Archived