Gibson Brands Forums

Upload now, vote next week!

Don't know if this will work, but I like any excuse to post pretty pictures of pretty guitars. Since its my idea, I'll go first -- and use one most of you have already seen, just to give you a target to shoot for. Pictures should reflect originality and creativity in posing the guitar as you can handle comfortably. Pictures lifted from catalogs and crap like that will simply be ignored. First prize will be: Our appreciation. Consolation prizes: Our appreciation.

Rules:

1. Post your own personal favorite picture of your guitar.

2. Wait a week to give everyone time to take a good shot.

3. Vote for your favorite picture in a poll next week.

billiejoe002.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rules in my first post Jepi - if it ain't in the rules' date=' it ain't a rule. And, yeah, the whole idea may fall on its face, but so what? I'm just looking for good pictures of great guitars.

[/quote']

Got it...Thanks.........J

Looks rich and luxurious on that sofa fabric, too. Is that the orientation you wanted? I keep craning my neck to get the couch back vertical, but I can see a kind of "The guitar keeps me flat and level no matter what" philosophy here, but I'd like to know if its intentional. My intent in this thread was to get pictures that said something more than "This is my guitar. It is Wine Red and has 2 pickups".

Looks rich and luxurious on that sofa fabric' date=' too. Is that the orientation you wanted? I keep craning my neck to get the couch back vertical, but I can see a kind of "The guitar keeps me flat and level no matter what" philosophy here, but I'd like to know if its intentional. My intent in this thread was to get pictures that said something more than "This is my guitar. It is Wine Red and has 2 pickups".

[/quote']

Is this better?

f8ed_3_2.jpg

So, KEC...did you get your "Gold Top" in Japan? Since it has the "Gibson" headstock,

and those are for the Japanese market, only...these days. Or, did you get it from

someone that specializes in Japanese guitars? Just nosey (LOL) that's all.

Nice looking!

CB

On second thoughts becasue this is a Epiphone forum I will

therefore submit an image of the epihone sheraton guitar as my entry. It is a composite image (it comes in two views) as are all my web photographs of my guitars.

sheratonII_web.jpg

So' date=' KEC...did you get your "Gold Top" in Japan? Since it has the "Gibson" headstock,

and those are for the Japanese market, only...these days. Or, did you get it from

someone that specializes in Japanese guitars? Just nosey (LOL) that's all.

Nice looking!

CB[/quote']

I got it from a guy in the U.S. that originally got it from Japan (Kantana). From what I understand, 1998 is when Gibson decided to change the Orville name to Epiphone and all of the existing "open book" headstocks were marked Epiphone. So, there was a mix of Orville and Epiphone brandings during that year. And from what I know, 1999 was the start of the "new" current headstock.

Archived