Gibson Brands Forums

Upload now, vote next week!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks man

Yeah, I've seen a LOT of Sheratons, but I've never seen one with that kind of grain pattern.

Amazing! They're usually (at least around here) a lot "plainer"...still beautiful, of course,

but just not as ornate, grain wise! Good show...that's definitely a "keeper!"

CB

Yeah, Lots of beautiful guitars, indeed! And, it sounds like, if we want any of them, "cheap," still...we'd better get 'em now.

China (especially) is making inroads into fairly substancial price increases, due in part (of course),

to higher shipping costs, and raw material costs, associated with that...as well as an ever

increasingly educated work force, that's starting to demand a lot more, from their employers...

health packages, higher wages, more time off, etc. So, Epi's and all other imports will go up,

pretty soon, I'd bet. And maybe as much as 30%, or more. At least, that's what they are

saying, in the financial circles. When was the last time, any of us got a 30% or more, increase in

pay, to help us, "keep up?"

So, any "Trigger Happy" GASSER's, now might be the time to go for it?!

Nothing personal to jerrymac' date=' but how I HATE the Ultra II! I could rant, but I'll restrain myself.[/quote']

No offense taken, I love the way the nano sounds, but I don't find the neck very comfortable. I've tried a lot of solid body acoustics, this is the closest to what I'm looking for. So far...

Anyone try a Nashville Power Tele???

So' date=' Epi's and all other imports will go up,

pretty soon, I'd bet. And maybe as much as 30%, or more. At least, that's what they are

saying, in the financial circles. [/quote']

They should have gone up already? The US greenback is still down everywhere and so far the Chinese Yuan has risen over 18% against the US Dollar since 2005. It's good for the (relatively few) US exports but bad for the imports. Hopefully the dollar won't crash too badly, since in the next-to-the-worst-case scenario (dollars equal toilet paper) you'll all be buying only Gibsons or other US made guitars :^o

The Chinese workers don't have unions nor many demands regarding their jobs. Besides inflation that raises their food prices and forces wages to go up there's not much change in their income level, except maybe for the guys running the factories...

Nothing personal to jerrymac' date=' but how I HATE the Ultra II! I could rant, but I'll restrain myself.[/quote']

You don't have to rant, but one reason why you HATE it would have been welcomed.

To make a declaration that emphatic, and than not back it up at all is pretty........empty. ;)

Hi Gary, how's everything? Thanks for the compliment but I didn't meet my objective! I was trying to capture the blue and green sparkle from the abalone inlays but I wasn't able to render it. I tried many different angles in hopes that the sunshine would bring them out but the camera images fail to show what the eye easily grasps in person. I also wanted to demonstrate the grain pattern of the Spruce top but the image makes it look like a solid color. I guess I was trying to do too much with one picture! You should be proud of me Gary! I said no to an L5! Well, more like I walked away without buying! LOL, my dealer has a used L5 in Wine Red and I played it briefly the other day. It is a sweet guitar but I've got to replenish my bank account after paying off my credit card bill. Do I really need one? No, I've got a Broadway! But I would love an "Actual Gibson L5". LOL I guess it never ends!

Svet

Suicidehummer wrote:

"Ok, how about the fact that I spent all my savings on a new guitar just to have it become "The old Ultra" in one year?

They've made the Gibson SG for some 40 years, yet my guitar gets replaced in one year? "

So doesn't that make the LP Ultra more scarce and maybe very desirable as it was successful,in the future?

Just think of it this way,your guitar is the Ultra II's Daddy

;)/

Eh, being a pessimist, I doubt any Epis are rare or desireable. Maybe to us they are, but to be desireable, the mainstream has to like them.

And you know all the Ultra II owners will think theirs is better.

I don't think the Ultra II owners would be too happy if I referred to mine as the Ultra II's daddy!

And BTW, don't call it the Ultra 1, or Ultra I. It was The Ultra before the second came out, so why the heck is it not anymore?!

My...THAT was buried down in there, wasn't it? Feeling better, now? Good, because I want you to understand that it was a vast, global, conspiracy that was put in place by your #1 enemy, the day he discovered YOU wanted an Ultra!

Yes, musiclovers! It was a mission from hell! It was a mission from hell! and he knew just what he had to do. First he checked with all the manufactories, tryin' to find out just what they had. Yes he did, you know that he did! And you know that once he did that, and you know that once he did that, he tried so hard so hard. He tried, oh so hard! To think up something, to think up something, to think up something that would be really, really bad! Oh, yes, he did! Oh, yes he did! Second on the list! I said, I said that 2nd on the list! He designed a brand new, a brand new, a brand new that's right...a brand new guitar. Just to mess wit' you. That's what he did! Yeah! Oh, yeah, that's what he did!

I sympathize, man, but you're only #2 in our eyes if you want to be.

P.S. There's another 197 verses, Suicidehummer, if you'd like to hear some more???

Archived