Gibson Brands Forums

What model of Epi Les Paul is your #1

Big Norm

Mines just a Standard.

I like it though.

Its my only Les Paul.

"Just" a Standard....? I'm not gonna say what I've said before....

Awwww,,, I have to. I've had several Gibby LP's and they're all gone because they simply didn't have what I expected from a Gibson Les Paul... My Epi Standard, with no mods, just does it for me and now it's my only LP.. Several here on the forum have beautiful LP's. Mine is not really a "looker" but sure is sweet to me... Now, go snuggle your Standard....lol........J

I don't own a Epi Les Paul, all mine are Gibson. The only epi I own is a Sheraton II, but here is the but, I am looking at getting an ultra II because of the acoustic setup with the pickup in the fretboard etc etc and the ablility to dial in electric pickups mixed with the acoustic pickup. So my vote will have to go to ultra even though I don't actual own one as yet.

A lot of difference between a 100 and Studio. The Studio is more akin to the standard' date=' just without the binding, and inlays, and has open pick ups. I have the Studio so voted but with protest! LOL

Capt[/quote']

Yeah, I also would have grouped the Classic and the Standard together since the only difference there is the pickup covers... and you could argue that the Studio fits in there too in all the parameters that count; that would have left you an option for Junior (P-90/P-100)/Special (P-90) and then you could have grouped the HB Juniors and the Special II with the LP-100... :D

"Just" a Standard....? I'm not gonna say what I've said before....

Awwww' date=',, I have to. I've had several Gibby LP's and they're all gone because they simply didn't have what I expected from a Gibson Les Paul... My Epi Standard, with no mods, just does it for me and now it's my only LP.. Several here on the forum have beautiful LP's. Mine is not really a "looker" but sure is sweet to me... Now, go snuggle your Standard....lol........J

[/quote']

I *love* my Epi Standard also. It is my only LP and is likely to be for a long time to come.

Sorry Corcoran,

I took the model's name on the Epi' website...there is no Junior there... So I am sorry, but I missed that one... It must be a discontinued model. I know the Classic is no more available too, but since I had one, I remembered the model....

Archived