Gibson Brands Forums

Moderators: Is there any way to report spammers taking advantage of this forum?

Notes_Norton

Hello moderator(s),

Lately there have been a few spammers posting on the board (selling purses, ponies, and other non-guitar, non-music items). I know that a world without spam is a dream world, and I also know that you probably don't want spam on the board any more than we do.

So, is there an address (moderator@_____.com or something like that) that we can write to to have you delete the spamming posts?

It would make life much easier for all of us.

spam.gif

Thanks,

Notes

Hello moderator(s)' date='

Lately there have been a few spammers posting on the board (selling purses, ponies, and other non-guitar, non-music items). I know that a world without spam is a dream world, and I also know that you probably don't want spam on the board any more than we do.

So, is there an address (moderator@_____.com or something like that) that we can write to to have you delete the spamming posts?

It would make life much easier for all of us.

[center']spam.gif[/center]

Thanks,

Notes

Keep your panties on. The moderators keep pretty up on this stuff. If it bugs you that much don't click on the topic. It's not that big of a problem and sometimes it's almost fun to vent on these idiots so go drink some herbal tea and relax if you're that disturbed by it and it'll all be gone soon enough.

...and Al's your uncle.

Keep your panties on. The moderators keep pretty up on this stuff. If it bugs you that much don't click on the topic. It's not that big of a problem and sometimes it's almost fun to vent on these idiots so go drink some herbal tea and relax if you're that disturbed by it and it'll all be gone soon enough.

...and Al's your uncle.

His panties seemed fine to me. It looked to me like he was offering to help the mod's is all.

But, from what I just witnessed myself, it does appear they jump on that stuff pretty quick.

His panties seemed fine to me. It looked to me like he was offering to help the mod's is all.

But' date=' from what I just witnessed myself, it does appear they jump on that stuff pretty quick.[/quote']

Well, thank Lucy for that. This forum seems to be full of helpful people but sometimes that sort of post just sounds like whining and ends up as annoying as the original spam post... The mods do a good job here. having been on this forum for over six years I can say that wasn't always the case but the new approach they've taken is very positive and seems to be working very well. It's easy enough to recognize and then avoid spam by just not clicking on it. If you have some need to be a net nanny you can take advantage of the situation and make some whiny case of it but as it's been said, "No likey, no clicky"...and thank you moderators for a very pleasant forum and a fine job of keeping it under control.

...and Al's your uncle.

I'm in my pajamas, not panties (one of the benefits of having an on-line business) <grin>.

I was offering to help. I guess that wasn't necessary.

Oh, and I clicked on a thread I was following about on-line guitar dealers and I noticed two very long posts by someone selling ponies embedded in the on-topic thread. (I don't generally click on topics to look like spam - I only click on things I am interested in.)

I know they moderators kill spam topics, but didn't know they followed all the threads that closely, and since the posts were quite long (do a search for iloveponies) I thought I'd give the moderators a "heads up".

My thanks to the moderators for your quick work, and apologies for wasting the bandwidth. (Of course, a lot of on-topic stuff I post also wastes bandwidth <grin>).

NoSpam.gif

Notes

I'm in my pajamas (one of the benefits of having an on-line business).

I was offering to help. I guess that wasn't necessary.

My thanks to the moderators' date=' and apologies for wasting the bandwidth.

Notes[/quote']

I don't think you have any reason to apologize. Other boards have a report button or something like that to contact moderators. That being said, the mods around here seem to be johnny on the spot.

Archived