Gibson Brands Forums

Grover Tuners

OhioSlashFan

No' date=' I think Epiphone can make another $1.87 per guitar if they use crummy cheapo tuners instead of Grovers.[/quote']

Well, you can't blame Epiphone for that...a buck eighty seven will just about cover a whole day's wage for your typical Chinese "luthier".

...and Al's your uncle.

As noted above, I doubt the problem is the tuners themselves. But if you do decide to change them, I found that these TonePro-Kluson TPKB3 Series, bolted straight onto my LP standard without any drilling. They are super quality and a very nice upgrade, as you can see they are actually pictured on an Epi HS.

As noted above' date=' I doubt the problem is the tuners themselves. But if you do decide to change them, I found that these TonePro-Kluson TPKB3 Series, bolted straight onto my LP standard without any drilling. They are super quality and a very nice upgrade, as you can see they are actually pictured on an Epi HS.

I didn't check out the previous suggestiong yet, but am going to. I will check out the link, thanks

Kluson is owned by WDmusic supply and I'm a dealer for them and Grovers.

Those are the two brands I use for builds.

I like the Klusons very much.. and some folks wont have their teles or strats without them.

They are excellent tuners, smooth, tight, well made, no problems and all the usual nickel chrome etc.

They have gibson les paul replacement tuners..pearloid buttons. I don't see any green though..just the regular cream color.

nickel are like 65.00 list price and I'll give you as good a deal or better than the web offers..on these or grovers or gotohs or schallers.

whatever floats yer boat!

My 2004 Classic came with Grovers (Asian) that are way better than even the Gibson tuners. I was constantly tuning that Gibson I had (kept going sharp)' date=' and I don't think I've had to tune the Blue one in a couple months...actually, I can't remember the last time I had to tune it besides tweaking a string after a tune cuz I was a little over-bendy, but that's normal anyway. [/quote']

I would think that poor quality or unstable tuners would cause the strings to go flat not sharp. Changes in temperature or humidity would most likely cause this to happen. It is pretty unlikely that a gear under string tension would tighten on it's own.

Slash uses Grover tuners' date=' you would think that the Epi. Slash Sig. would come with Grovers, it has Alnico pro 2's, how much more would it have cost to put Grovers on it? lol[/quote']

Uhhh.. let's look at the VOS Slash Sig (the REAL one):

CS-LPSLASHVO1.JPG

Hmmm looks like Klusons to me. I guess Slash likes to keep his Pauls original.

Ah well, you know what they say about stuff you read on a website... unless it's THIS website. =D>

Actually, looking a little closer, it appears that the Slash VOS does have Grover tuners, the ones that look like Klusons but bolt on from the front like rotomatics. You can get these as a Gibson part (MH010) or as a Grover part (#135N if memory serves) for about half the price. Exact same unit except the Grover versions don't say 'Gibson' on the backs. I stuck a set of these on my SG Classic:

SGClassic2.jpg

Archived