Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Visual (aka: "Sex") Appeal!

Another thought...It will be really cool, if Epi would make an "Elitist" version

of the Alleykat, and Wildkat, with a Nitro, or even a much thinner Poly finish.

The current ones are still a bit heavy handed, on the poly finish..IMHO. So,

that would be a nice alternative. But, I really like their size, shape, etc.

CB

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So many girls to choose from....

I can't choose just one. So, I'll try to narrow it down some by picking a FEW...

Archtops: The Broadway. Big, beastie girl with 2 humbuckers.....grrr...

Bass: I'm sort of partial to the acoustic stylings of the El Capitan.

Les Pauls? The Ultra II. That nanomag.....that's like well....an electric guitar G Spot! She WILL purr!!

SG's? The Tony Iommi.....it's SG with an added dose of pure, concentrated evil!!!

Masterbilts? Hmm....(drools at models)....yup, definitely the....EF 500RA. Look at that thing! If I owned something like that...I'd probably play acoustic more often than once a month or so! Sweeeet!!!!

Thing is, the SG (or the Les Paul) are not Epiphone guitars. They are Gibson guitars that Epiphone makes copies of. And the Epi SG copies don't even look all that good. Not really a viable answer to the question if you ask me. There are quite a few genuine Epi guitars to choose from, and the question is not "what's the nicest looking Gibson guitar?".

Thing is' date=' the SG (or the Les Paul) are [b']not[/b] Epiphone guitars. They are Gibson guitars that Epiphone makes copies of. And the Epi SG copies don't even look all that good. Not really a viable answer to the question if you ask me. There are quite a few genuine Epi guitars to choose from, and the question is not "what's the nicest looking Gibson guitar?".

OK, OK...I get the point. Even though Epiphone makes them, and it says Epiphone on the headstock, those aren't "Epiphone" guitars.

Fair enough.

This is arguably the sexiest picture ever taken of an Epiphone.....(and, since we're getting back to what Epiphone was, and R is demanding original models.....

An original with a hot model back in the day. If I was living in that period, and I saw the ad, I'd probably want one of these (both of 'em, in fact!) something awful....

adepi37.jpg

Another thought...It will be really cool' date=' if Epi would make an "Elitist" version

of the Alleykat, and Wildkat, with a Nitro, or even a much thinner Poly finish.

The current ones are still a bit heavy handed, on the poly finish..IMHO. So,

that would be a nice alternative. But, I really like their size, shape, etc.

CB[/quote']

Man, I've been away too long. I totally agree with these comments CB. My favorites would have to be the Sheraton for truly epiphone designs and the reverse firebird for ssolid bodies.

As for allenwrench75, I feel bad that he needed to make an unjustified attack on you his first post and hopefully he will will read and not contribute again until he really does understand this forum and the friendships that people have developed. Otherwise there are plenty of other forums where he would be more comfofortable with the the attitude he displayed. Sorry I wasn't here to get your back at the time even though you are perfectly capable of taking care of your self.

Hey Charlie Brown I have been reading this forum for a quite some time and I must say you are quite annoying. If you are going to spend your entire life on a forum at least contribute something where people can learn something from it while making it fun. You are destroying what could be a good place to visit for other Epiphone players. Im sure the only ones who will chime in and back you up here and people like paulp_sheraton2' date=' brad, Ron G and layboomo more of your fellow losers who have nothing better to do but waste time on a forum all day acting like 'know it alls' and spewing rubbish! Now STFU and give some other people a chance to make this place like the old forum USED to be.

Something with SUBSTANCE.[/quote']

Man, where did you come from, If you've truly been monitoring this forum for awhile, you would have realized that CB and several of the others you mentioned are the reason that me and alot of other folks like participating on this forum as opposed to others. There are alot of other forums that support the type of negative crap that you spewed for no justified reason. People have built friendships here and help each other with a ton of good info as well as having some fun where possible.

Its unfortunate that you take advantage of your fist post to take a pot shot at a good guy, who as well as many others you named, as well as myself go out of their way to welcome new members and will always take every opportunity to help each other.

I really tried to ignore this as what it was but you got me. My suggestion is that if you don't feel that CB or others have anything of substance to contribute, please feel free to find another forum that meets your needs what ever they are. I wonder what you feel that your post contributed ? I for one certainly learned alot !

Kepp 'em coming CB !

Hey Bluesstringer....WELCOME BACK, MAN! How you doing?! Are they getting

you sorted out, alright...finally?! I'm sure, for you, it hasn't been soon enough!

But, it's good to see you posting, again. Thanks, too...for the support, with our

"hit and run" "King Mixer" (as Paul McCartney used to call that kind of person)...one

who tries to get everyone "at" each other, and sits back and enjoys the mayhem.

Those people are always a mystery, to me...life is too short for that, and/or to pay

them any mind.

Anyway, your thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated, my friend! How was

your Church gig? Did you "hold up," alright?! Hope so!

Hang in there, bud...and welcome back!

CB

Man' date=' where did you come from, If you've truly been monitoring this forum for awhile, you would have realized that CB and several of the others you mentioned are the reason that me and alot of other folks like participating on this forum as opposed to others. There are alot of other forums that support the type of negative crap that you spewed for no justified reason. People have built friendships here and help each other with a ton of good info as well as having some fun where possible.

Its unfortunate that you take advantage of your fist post to take a pot shot at a good guy, who as well as many others you named, as well as myself go out of their way to welcome new members and will always take every opportunity to help each other.

I really tried to ignore this as what it was but you got me. My suggestion is that if you don't feel that CB or others have anything of substance to contribute, [u']please [/u]feel free to find another forum that meets your needs what ever they are. I wonder what you feel that your post contributed ? I for one certainly learned alot !

Kepp 'em coming CB !

Hey, Bluesstringer, with all this to say, I can see you're getting your strength back. Welcome back and God bless

you buddy.

On another note, because we don't have the technology yet to pull in multiple quotes (and if we do, I know one

of you guys will correct me; LOL!!!), Pongki, that's a beautiful picture of you Epiphone Gold-top '56 Les Paul. The

thing that freaks me though is that is has a Gibson shaped headstock. What year was that made?

Last but not least, in one of my earlier notes in the thread replying back to allenwrench57 comment to CB's initiation

of this thread, I mentioned sex being used in advertising, etc. Well check out the post on page (3) from The_Sentry...

"This is arguably the sexiest picture ever taken of an Epiphone.....(and, since we're getting back to what Epiphone was, and R is demanding original models.....

An original with a hot model back in the day. If I was living in that period, and I saw the ad, I'd probably want one of these (both of 'em, in fact!) something awful...."

I guess a little Parental Discretion would be advised there.:) Judging by her left hand position I'd say we have "A-Minor" violation here.](*,)

Hey Bluesstringer....WELCOME BACK' date=' MAN! How you doing?! Are they getting

you sorted out, alright...finally?! I'm sure, for you, it hasn't been soon enough!

But, it's good to see you posting, again. Thanks, too...for the support, with our

"hit and run" "King Mixer" (as Paul McCartney used to call that kind of person)...one

who tries to get everyone "at" each other, and sits back and enjoys the mayhem.

Those people are always a mystery, to me...life is too short for that, and/or to pay

them any mind.

Anyway, your thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated, my friend! How was

your Church gig? Did you "hold up," alright?! Hope so!

Hang in there, bud...and welcome back!

CB [/quote']

Good to be back. Not 100% but closer. The Church gig went well, I faded fast and didn't really recover until today but it's still an improvement. Man, this King Mixer cat is unbelievable ! I will be on more and more, I just had to reformat my computer so it's just getting back up also, with work still needed. Thanks alot bro !

Hey' date=' Bluesstringer, with all this to say, I can see you're getting your strength back. Welcome back and God bless

you buddy.

[/quote']

Thanks Paul, i really appreciate it, Now you all will have to hear much more from me again very soon !

Schtang' date=' where's that Sheraton photo spread, you had...that grain pattern

was beautiful! Now that was "Sexy," for sure...

CB[/quote']

CB, talk about grain pattern. Look at the one on my Sheraton II...

DSCF0045.jpg

DSCF0047.jpg

Nice' date=' Paul...yours and Schtangs are a couple of the more unusual ones,

that I've seen. I'm sure there are other's out there, as well...but they're

striking! Thanks, for sharing!

CB[/quote']

CB, yes that's one of the other reasons I bought "her". Not only did she have a beautiful singing voice,

but her looks are a bit extra-ordinary compared to othe NA Sheraton-II's I've seen.

Well' date=' I'm glad you found her, and she's keeping you happy! That's what counts!

Did you keep the "stock" pickups, or "mod" her, a bit?

CB[/quote']

So far I've kept the "stock" pickups. I'm playing her through a Fender Stage 60 (160 Watts RMS) and she purrs

with the volume on 4. Also, I haven't had any spare change, so to speak, to mod her with differrent pickups.:-

But if I did, what would you recommend?

So far I've kept the "stock" pickups. I'm playing her through a Fender Stage 60 (160 Watts RMS) and she purrs

with the volume on 4. Also' date=' I haven't had any spare change, so to speak, to mod her with differrent pickups.=P~

But if I did, what would you recommend?[/quote']

Paul - my Sherry's alot older than yours and not as grainy but I love her. I very recently have decided that the pups have to go. The bridge is okay but even with the amp set bright, the neck is just too muddy. I was going to either go with a set of GFS 59's or a set of overstock Stew Macs that a friend gave me. As I've said in other posts, I am still considering push pull pots to split the coils as well.

Yeah, Paul...a lot of others here, seem to like (or want to try, at least) the GFS pickups. They

get pretty consistant "Raves" from all that have them. Prior to that, I might have tried Gibson '57's or maybe

even "Burstbuckers?" But, GFS are a LOT more reasonably priced. So, if you end up not liking them, you won't be

out so much "coin!" Of course, you could probably unload the Gibson's too, for a decent price. Some other's have

mentioned various Seymour Duncan pickups, as well.

CB

Archived