Gibson Brands Forums

Anybody Wanting a Traditional?

Geetar_Axl

You know what' date=' good point there, kenny. No, I'm not a rich snob. I have a very good paying job, but not good enough to put me in the snob category. A R7/R8 reissue lists for $3,100, yes. I've read numerous posts where guys have gotten them for $2,600 US. That's the number I had in my head when I wrote that.

You're right, for a 14 year old, $1,000 is a lot of money. For a 30 year old on a salary...not so much.[/quote']

I got my R8 for $2200 out the door.

Hang on a mo' - you're all three under 15 and able to hold an intelligent conversation? The future's not so bleak after all. Give Lynrd some lessons!

The traditional does look good - a bit like a budget R meets Classic Antique, and a nice price too. I don't think it'd top my list of "next Les Paul", but it could be in with a chance depending on the budget.

Why yes This One Goes to 11' date=' we are quite capable of holding a conversation requiring intellectual activity. haha, and I think skynyrds beyond help[/quote']

You'd think he would learn spelling and grammar at school. And considering he lives in Florida, I doubt his standard of living is keeping him from going to school.

You'd think he would learn spelling and grammar at school. And considering he lives in Florida' date=' I doubt his standard of living is keeping him from going to school.[/quote']

very good point my young adversary

Just been looking at Sweetwaters actually shots (the Gibson ones are never acurate) and the Gibson Ice tea Shot (which I love) actually looks like Sweetwaters Honey Burst, so that will be the one for me! Sweetwaters actual Ice Tea shot shows that Ice Tea just looks like HCS, its actually real bad....

Honey Burst is my choise!

I was at the GC yesterday and they had one traditional on hand. So I checked it out but a proper test is so very hard to do at the GC. But for what I was able to do, I liked it. Nice tones, neck was OK, not as big as a 50's but bigger than a 60's. Seemed to be a bit heavier than my '05 standard faded. $2300 put it right up there in the same price range as regular standards. I know it was plek'ed but in that environment couldn't tell how much of a difference it made.

I was at the GC yesterday and they had one traditional on hand. So I checked it out but a proper test is so very hard to do at the GC. But for what I was able to do' date=' I liked it. Nice tones, neck was OK, not as big as a 50's but bigger than a 60's. Seemed to be a bit heavier than my '05 standard faded. $2300 put it right up there in the same price range as regular standards. I know it was plek'ed but in that environment couldn't tell how much of a difference it made.

[/quote']

i liked the one i played. first time i have ever wanted to buy a guitar off the rack in GC.

ya i have to change that

Ha good luck with that. Or will you just make a new account??

Well guys, I pretty much just found out that I am the youngest person on the Les Paul forum. Lynyrd is turning 15 in 2 months and kenny is turning 15 in November. I don't turn 15 until March 17!!

Archived