Gibson Brands Forums

Anybody Wanting a Traditional?

Geetar_Axl

I gotta say, its between a Tobacco Burst Std. Faded and Ice Tea, HCS or Light Burst Traditional for my next (I can dream hehe) I mean, if I bought a Faded, I want 57's and a 50's neck. Id rather have no laqcer but meh...looks good. I held a chambered and non chambered Standard today....WOW. Big difference, I'd have the best of both worlds with a Traditional.

Count me in...Who else?! (Btw, anyone with photos of Light Burst or Ice Tea please post pics I wanna see the both..Google has crap photos.)

EDIT: WTF, Musicians Friend has this pic as Ice Tea?

558957.jpg

Huh?

A reissue is not that much more money and it's a much better guitar.

I'm not trying to call you a rich snob or anything like that so sont take it the wrong way. The traditionals are around $2100 and the cheapest reissue is $3100 thats a difference of $1,000. To me that's a lot of money.

But then again I'm a 14 year old so your sense of monetary value is probably different than mine.

You know what, good point there, kenny. No, I'm not a rich snob. I have a very good paying job, but not good enough to put me in the snob category. A R7/R8 reissue lists for $3,100, yes. I've read numerous posts where guys have gotten them for $2,600 US. That's the number I had in my head when I wrote that.

You're right, for a 14 year old, $1,000 is a lot of money. For a 30 year old on a salary...not so much.

I'm not trying to call you a rich snob or anything like that so sont take it the wrong way. The traditionals are around $2100 and the cheapest reissue is $3100 thats a difference of $1' date='000. To me that's a lot of money.

But then again I'm a 14 year old so your sense of monetary value is probably different than mine.[/quote']

sweet man i'm 14 too. its you, me and...........LYNYRD!!!!!!!!!!!!

with that extra 1000 bucks.....................

ill prob catch hell

thoose new fender americanstandards

VERY GOOD guitars, they cant compare to gibson, a fender never wll

but the neck finish is great, they are wired to have te knobs control the neck & the bridge, the Pups scream JIMI

they are prety nice for a grand

Damn they are good those American Standards. I did want a American Strat and Deluxe Tele but yeah, played the Tele and didnt like it the second time round.

So I think it will be a Ice Tea or HCS Traditional for me. Thats even better if its based on a 90's LP. Im a 90's kid!! Loved the 90's! The decade before music died...

Actually, I believe that Guitar Center.com has posted it around the 20th of June? I haven't checked since the beginning of last week, so I could be wrong. I'm really impressed by the Desert Burst finish, but I wish that Gibson would give us a choice of the 60's neck. I'd also get rid of the "Traditional" truss rod cover.

Archived