Gibson Brands Forums

Hey Daneman...keeping those Epiphones dry?

brad1

I just heard a news report that the entire state of Iowa is being declared a National Disaster Area (or whatever they call it) because of all the rain and flooding. I know Dana lives there, as do some other members on the forum.

I was just wondering how you and others in the area were making out.

With all these natural disasters seemingly coming one after the other across the U.S. I find myself reflecting on my good fortune and circumstances.

And I find myself thinking of the unfortunate Boy Scout members recently killed, and others whose lives are being literally torn apart and uprooted.

You folks are in my thoughts and prayers. Best of luck to you.

I live in florida.

Man, we used to be the disaster state.

We've had practically NOTHING as of late.

Well, other than the constant assault of high humidity and sweat on guitar hardware...

But that's not a real matter, these others have to deal with real disasters, in places whose state governments don't know how to handle it.

I got a mail from Dana yesterday and he was alright up until then, but I did ask him for our rain back...well somebody has got it, maybe not him ~

Tragic about the scouts, there are so many people deserving of bad stuff why innocent little kids?

Dig

High and dry here guys,but other areas of the state have not fared nearly so well.

Cedar Rapids is or has been largely evacuated,Downtown Des Moines is flooding,altho they claim it is a controlled on purpose flood. 4 boyscouts were killed,and 48(?) injured by a tornado wed evening when one hit a scout camp without warning...about 80 miles west of here.

Locally many flooded basements,people throwing away nice funiture because it got wet and there is danger of contaminent from flood water...I've seen several almost new treadmills on the curb as well. Me I had a bit of water in the basement,but nothing stored there for it to hurt.And a hailstone broke a window.

We've had near record rainfall for the month,and its only the 13th day of June....

I've been running the ac to keep the humidity off my guitars..

Safe and sound at least til the next storm!!Luckily my place is on higher ground!!!!

Thanks for asking guys!!!!(brad)Really nice to know someone thought of us here in Iowa.

Hope oldpriest is doing ok,he was a bit nearer to the action as it were!!!

Dana

Glad to hear it, Daneman, about you personally, that is. Mother Nature sure must be "miffed" about something,

the way things have been going this Spring. We've missed the flooding, for the most

part, here in Kansas..but, the tornados sure do love to visit us, as well.

As to the tradedy of the boy scouts...awful, just awful. Let's not forget the two

little girls in Oklahoma, that have been taken, by some pathetic excuse for a

"human being" or (2) whichever the case may be. This tragic non-sense, is getting way out of hand!

Way too many children, all over the world, being victimized! But, then ANY, is too many!

And yeah, this has nothing to do with Epiphone Electric Guitars, except...maybe one of those

boy scouts, or little girls may have been the next Bob Dylan, or Judy Collins, etc. Now, we'll

never know.

CB

Archived