Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone LP Slash Signature

Hamrc51

Looking at an individual who is selling this model. Sent him a question asking where he purchased it as it is new. This was his reply. Is he full of BS and trying to pawn off a fake?

I'm not getting rid of it...I sell Epiphones. The only reason it's so cheap is because it is a domestic model made for sale in Asia. So it was sent to me by mistake. It's 99% the same but I can't sell it to my regular guys. The only difference with the export model is the pickups are not Seymore Duncan Alnico Pro2, they use Alnico Pro, which still sound amazing and look the exact same. And the guitar comes with the signature Slash Premium Hardshell.

Hamrc51

You might want to consider this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/EPIPHONE-LES-PAUL-ELITIST-GENTLY-USED-JAPANESE-VERSION_W0QQitemZ160252252059QQihZ006QQcategoryZ33037QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It is a Studio so it has no binding but it is an Elitist.

The Elitist Studio's didn't sell as well as the Standards so they were discontinued.

These are hard to find but usually they can be had for less than the Elitist Standards.

I have one identical to it that I did a Slash conversion to and it turned out pretty nice.

I swapped the black plastic for cream and put some Gibby knobs on her.

Here is a pic. I call her "Jane" cause she has a plain jane top but that girl can sing!

I got her in 2005 for less than $500.

AminosmodifiedElitistLPStudio.jpg

The only difference with the export model is the pickups are not Seymore Duncan Alnico Pro2' date=' they use Alnico Pro[/quote']

Seymour Duncan Alnico Pro2 and Alnico Pro do not exist. Alnico2 Pro does, Alnico 2 being a reference to the magnet -type used.

You should ask him if you can pay for that fake Asian market version with fake Asian made dollars?

fake-200-bill.jpg

There's only one way to get a genuine Slash signature LP, and that's the hard way.

Get one from an authorized dealer, no one will sell a good one for any cheaper than they do.

I'd run a mile as well, demand for these guitars is outstripping supply and nobody would sell one cheap.

I phoned around a few guitar shops in the UK last week and the general consensus is no more will be available through dealers here. A great shame because I really wanted one. I'm no fan of Slash but the spec of this guitar for the asking price had me drooling. One dealer said that Epiphone would be releasing another 'signature' model later in the year - Anybody know anything about this? I presume its not 'Slash 2' and they will be producing a different model. I'd give my right arm for an Epiphone Peter Green Signature Les Paul (No wait, thats wrong isn't it. Ok I'd give my right leg).

I'd run a mile as well' date=' demand for these guitars is outstripping supply and nobody would sell one cheap.

I phoned around a few guitar shops in the UK last week and the general consensus is no more will be available through dealers here. A great shame because I really wanted one. I'm no fan of Slash but the spec of this guitar for the asking price had me drooling. One dealer said that Epiphone would be releasing another 'signature' model later in the year - Anybody know anything about this? I presume its not 'Slash 2' and they will be producing a different model. I'd give my right arm for an Epiphone Peter Green Signature Les Paul (No wait, thats wrong isn't it. Ok I'd give my right leg).[/quote'] You might need your right arm, lol There were only 2.400 of the Epi. Slash Sig's made

Hamrc51

You might want to consider this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/EPIPHONE-LES-PAUL-ELITIST-GENTLY-USED-JAPANESE-VERSION_W0QQitemZ160252252059QQihZ006QQcategoryZ33037QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It is a Studio so it has no binding but it is an Elitist.

The Elitist Studio's didn't sell as well as the Standards so they were discontinued.

These are hard to find but usually they can be had for less than the Elitist Standards.

I have one identical to it that I did a Slash conversion to and it turned out pretty nice.

I swapped the black plastic for cream and put some Gibby knobs on her.

Here is a pic. I call her "Jane" cause she has a plain jane top but that girl can sing!

I got her in 2005 for less than $500.

AminosmodifiedElitistLPStudio.jpg

Okay, you sir, don't have the best Epi. ever for the money right there, but for under $500?????? You might have the best LP PERIOD for the money right there!!!! My head is spinning!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!

Archived