Gibson Brands Forums

Does a gibson hardshell case have a white lining?

james_edward

Does anyone know if Gibson made hardshell cases with white lining, I'm looking at buying a LP and the seller says it's in it's original case. Even thought the case looks real outside, it has no liner cover and it seems to me that out of all the Gibson cases I've seen, I haven't seen one with with lining that I can remember, thanks in advance for any help with this one.

Does anyone know if Gibson made hardshell cases with white lining' date=' I'm looking at buying a LP and the seller says it's in it's original case. Even thought the case looks real outside, it has no liner cover and it seems to me that out of all the Gibson cases I've seen, I haven't seen one with with lining that I can remember, thanks in advance for any help with this one.[/quote']

I'm not following exactly what you are asking. Are you talking about a white liner or are you referring to the white silk like material that acts as a second layer of protection.

The new Joan Jett Signature Melody Maker comes with a white liner or fur or fuzz, whatever you want to call it

JJMM-1.jpg

For the record not mine, but I hear it is a kick @$$ guitar.

Gibson cases have switched to white plush lining for over a year now. You don't get the 'bib' anymore either. Just for what it's worth, before the white lining they had a black lining with a black satin bib; before that, the cases were brown with pink linings and a pink satin bib.

Here's a glimpse of the case that came with my '61 SG reissue:

SG61.jpg

...white plush; no bib.

Archived