Gibson Brands Forums

The SG cometh.... Its here!!

ant7629

Some of you may recall the GAS concerning those Epiphone Japan 61 SGs that CB and Jeff got a few weeks back.... Well, after two long weeks, mine has now been released from customs! Don't know how much I have to pay, but I am hoping to have it real soon.

The guy still has another for sale: Link

Some of you may recall the GAS concerning those Epiphone Japan 61 SGs that CB and Jeff got a few weeks back.... Well' date=' after two long weeks, mine has now been released from customs! Don't know how much I have to pay, but I am hoping to have it real soon.

The guy still has another for sale: Link

Don't forget the pics!

Yeah mine was tuned to drop d' date=' I mean dropped![/quote']

That's terrible, I know...been there. The weirdest part is, your's was in

a hardshell case. Our SG's arrived in a triangle shaped cardboard box!

The guitar was in a "Gig" bag, and it was all wrapped in bubble pack,

but certainly didn't have the same protection a hardshell case would have

provided. Yet, as mentioned, they arrived totally fine, and even in tune!

So, I'm wondering, if they stack according to weight?! Meaning, light

and seemingly more fragile stuff, would be put on top, and the heavier

under. Wouldn't account for damage by "dropping," but it might account

for what you described as a "crush" like damage? Just a thought. I too,

would be curious as to who the carrier was...UPS or other?

CB

Well I have just checked the tracking number and it says that it is en route to the delivery depot which is Liverpool (quite apt for an Epiphone forum I guess).

If all goes well I should be picking it up tomorrow...heres hoping.

Well I have just checked the tracking number and it says that it is en route to the delivery depot which is Liverpool (quite apt for an Epiphone forum I guess).

Liddypool, huh? Cool! We'll keep the good thoughts going, and our

fingers crossed, for you! Good luck!

CB

The guitar will be fine just the history surrounding Liverpool will protect it from any harm.

Finally here!! Picked it up from Liverpool this morning. Had a quick look and all seems well (no cracks, breakages...phew!), the nitro finish is really different to what I am used to, but its really cool.

I am in work at the moment, so I will post some pics when I get home.

Thanks again to Jeff and CB for their support throughout my two weeks of torture!!!!

Finally here!! Picked it up from Liverpool this morning. Had a quick look and all seems well (no cracks' date=' breakages...phew!), the nitro finish is really different to what I am used to, but its really cool.

I am in work at the moment, so I will post some pics when I get home.

Thanks again to Jeff and CB for their support throughout my two weeks of torture!!!![/quote']

I had a fitful night of sleep. I kept dreaming that it arrived broken. Then Charlie Brown would admit that his was broken too but he was too nice to say anything for fear of hurting my feelings. Then I would have to lay there and sort out that it was just a dream.

I need to go to an Epi/GAS rehab unit.

I had a fitful night of sleep. I kept dreaming that it arrived broken. Then Charlie Brown would admit that his was broken too but he was too nice to say anything for fear of hurting my feelings. Then I would have to lay there and sort out that it was just a dream.

I need to go to an Epi/GAS rehab unit.

Didn't get much sleep myself! And the way the lady in the depot slammed it on the counter when I collected it didn't help! I had a good check (in the car park!) before I drove away....

Can you give the number of this GAS rehab unit??](*,)

Didn't get much sleep myself! And the way the lady in the depot slammed it on the counter when I collected it didn't help! I had a good check (in the car park!) before I drove away....

Can you give the number of this GAS rehab unit??](* [/quote']

Was she a bit chubby with blonde hair?

Ant....that's GREAT! Glad it's there and "safe and sound!" Whew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry about the "Troll" at the the station, where you collected your baby!

She needs to find a nice old bridge she can hide under. So, learn "Hey Bulldog,"

and any other Fab Four song, they use the SG on! Then, the Who, and AC/DC...LOL!

Congrats, man...we're all stoked, and relieved too, that it arrived unblemished! COOL!

CB

Archived