Gibson Brands Forums

HNGD!

SlagJones

I'm liking it! It feels real nice and has a beefier sound than the Special II, as expected. It is on the heavy side but I like that. When you pick it up, it's substantial, not a toy, a real instrument. The body is close to 2 inches thick.

It's a clean guitar but some quality control issues on the fret board near the neck pickup. Sorta looks like it was rubbed pretty good with some medium grade steel wool or something. Bugged me a little at first but it doesn't affect playing and I don't think it's worth the hassle of an exchange and there is no guarantee the replacement would be better. Would you concur? It's an EE serial number.

I'm thinking about taking off the pickguard.

I am really happy with it. Just a tad disappointed in Epi's QC, it's not a B-stock or at least not advertised as one and no stamp signifying a b-stock. With the price hikes on other models, I would hope that Epiphone's QC would go up equally.

HNGD

Looks like a keeper to me. I always have liked the Studios

As far as any rub marks on the fretboard, they can't be too bad. They don't show at all in the pictures.

When you change strings for the first time just condition the fretboard with a small amount of lemon oil.

I like pickguard on. That's just me.

Archived