Gibson Brands Forums

Easy come, Easy go? Epi Riviera LE

Growler

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't been this excited about getting a new guitar in a while. I really hope it's a good player and not plagued with flaws. Mail order letdowns are awful...you get so pumped up and anxious over several days and than WHAM!, the smackdown. I love the color...my very favorite for a guitar.

Has anyone ever seen this guitar before? "Limited Edition," but on a "Clearence" sale? Where did it come from,

why isn't there any "buzz" about it (except from us). This is a nice looking guitar. Why not promote it...even AS

the "Limited Edition," instead of essentially hiding it, in some clearence area? If it's made exclusively for MF-M123...

"so what?" Promote it as such! I (quite often) don't get MF (or Epiphone's) marketing logic? Is it Chinese, Korean,

Hollow (as stated) or Semi-hollow (as is should be, to be a Riviera)? Why can't we find out about this guitar, from

Epiphone? Were there ads for it, in any guitar magazines? (I don't get those, so I may have missed it...) The price

is certainly decent, and would (seemingly) sell well, if people only knew about it, so I'm curious as to where this came from,

and why it's sold this way? Kind of strange, isn't it?

CB

CB' date=' FWIW I've never seen extra promotial activity for [i']any[/i] Limited Edition...

Yeah, I know...but WHY, don't they? Why NOT promote them? IF they are truly "Limited Editions,"

they should sell out, fairly quickly, anyway. And, could probably command even higher prices, as such.

Yet, this one is really "reasonable" in price. IF it's some "marketing ploy" (in my best Inspector Clouseau

immitation), to build interest (or test the waters) for a future mainstay model, that's one thing. Silly...but

"marketing" is a weird science, anyway. LOL!

CB

Yeah' date=' I know...but WHY, don't they? Why NOT promote them? IF they are truly "Limited Editions,"

they should sell out, fairly quickly, anyway. And, could probably command even higher prices, as such.

Yet, this one is really "reasonable" in price.

[/quote']

Beats me. As it is I've even seen some LEs which were cheaper than the regular model...:-k

I might be living under a bridge this time next year but I had to order this one. I've been kicking myself in the *** for not ordering a Riv ever since they've been discontinued. I simply couldn't resist it.

Thanks a lot for turning me on to it. I never could find it on the MF website.

Man, I am with you. I just became aware of this from a post Charlie Brown made in another thread. That looks like a steal of a deal. I just got two new guitars recently (Elitist Broadway and Masterbilt AJ500RC 12-fret), so getting another is a stretch. But, dang, it's tempting...

Red 333

I feel like the other Charlie Brown (the one in Peanuts) who wants to ask out the pretty red-haired girl but can't get the courage to do so. That is one pretty Riviera.

I will, if you will! LOL!! (Just what I DON'T need...another temptation, huh?)

I've been back and forth on this one, since we were all "turned on" to it, a day or two

ago. "Shazbot!!"

CB

damn my impluses; but i just ordered one!!! for 500 bucks you can beat it, jeez my plan for theold sherri was to put new electronics and add a bigsby, but i think it would have cost alittle more than 500...im at a lose of words, 500 dollars for a limited edition riviera custom p93, thats outragous

btw....does anyone know what model bigsby might be on this? probably the b700?

*****if anyone else is going to order this guitar MF is having 10% off if you spend over 500, so buy the guitar and a case and get 10% off on top of this guiitar already being cheap, the code is MF10/19 mention the code when ordering (must be placed over the phone), offer ends on the oct 19th

*****if anyone else is going to order this guitar MF is having 10% off if you spend over 500' date=' so buy the guitar and a case and get 10% off on top of this guiitar already being cheap, the code is MF10/19 mention the code when ordering (must be placed over the phone), offer ends on the oct 19th[/quote']stop it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not just the cherry finish...it's the three P90's. Ever since I didn't pull the trigger on the Zephyr with 3 P90's' date=' I've been hankering for another.....substitute.[/quote']

I'm starting to see cracks in your will power, Jeff! LOL! (I KNOW the feeling, believe me!)

ARRRRGGGGGHHH!

CB

the people at harmony central must have been misimformed after placeing the order the MF 10/19 call in code was only 5% after 500 spent, sorry to all, its still a good discount though...it think it was in the ballpark of about 600 for the guitar, case, and 7 packs of strings (gibsson strings)...

Archived