Gibson Brands Forums

It ain't over: Get back on the GAS line!

Growler

Yeah' date=' I saw this on the Epi Blog site! Could be another winner...?? Hope so, for them, anyway.

But...My GAS will have to be contained, for a bit, after the Riviera P93 LE purchase.

CB[/quote']

Who are you kidding? As soon as we all see the actual full photo we are all doomed! :)

WTF??? Holy smokes I smell Coronet!

Blimey, are you guys not married? How do you talk your wives into letting you buy all these guitars? I've been scheming a way to buy a Sheraton and just slip it into my collection...just pretend it has always been there...but deep down I know that won't work and I'm better off just coming clean. My missus might not know a Tele from an SG, but she is going to notice a bloody great shiny Epiphone Sheraton on a guitar stand, that wasn't there the day before.

Meanwhile you guys are buying Rivieras by the truckload...I reckon American wives must be more easy-going about guitars and less desperate for new fridges / furniture / carpets and all the other stuff you can really live without.

Blimey' date=' are you guys not married? How do you talk your wives into letting you buy all these guitars? I've been scheming a way to buy a Sheraton and just slip it into my collection...just pretend it has always been there...but deep down I know that won't work and I'm better off just coming clean. My missus might not know a Tele from an SG, but she is going to notice a bloody great shiny Epiphone Sheraton on a guitar stand, that wasn't there the day before.

Meanwhile you guys are buying Rivieras by the truckload...I reckon American wives must be more easy-going about guitars and less desperate for new fridges / furniture / carpets and all the other stuff you can really live without.

[/quote']

I'm not on this earth one time only to have to explain myself to someone about what I do, when I want to do it. As for you married guys...don't give me the "You ain't married, so you don't know" speech. I know EXACTLY how they are...bottomline is: They buy makeup, shoes and clothes ALL THE TIME. You have a right to your guitars/hobbys etc etc. If you say differently, pull up your skirt here and now... we forgive you.

I'm not on this earth one time only to have to explain myself to someone about what I do' date=' when I want to do it. As for you married guys...don't give me the "You ain't married, so you don't know" speech. I know EXACTLY how they are...bottomline is: They buy makeup, shoes and clothes ALL THE TIME. You have a right to your guitars/hobbys etc etc. If you say differently, pull up your skirt here and now... we forgive you. [/quote']

...and people at work call me cynical...

i agree with growler. if you allocate you funds correctly, married or not you can afford manay thing you never thought you could. a leeson my wife learned this year. Disney world here we come. maybe i will bring the p-93 to practice.

:) #-o8-[

And, Growler, give me some time to breath. not another guitar until after christmas :^o

i agree with growler. if you allocate you funds correctly' date=' married or not you can afford manay thing you never thought you could. a leeson my wife learned this year. Disney world here we come. maybe i will bring the p-93 to practice.

:) #-o8-[

And, Growler, give me some time to breath. not another guitar until after christmas :^o [/quote]

No problem, I'm going to leave this forum now, seriously. I don't want to get anyone in financial peril.

Blimey' date=' are you guys not married? How do you talk your wives into letting you buy all these guitars? I've been scheming a way to buy a Sheraton and just slip it into my collection...just pretend it has always been there...but deep down I know that won't work and I'm better off just coming clean. My missus might not know a Tele from an SG, but she is going to notice a bloody great shiny Epiphone Sheraton on a guitar stand, that wasn't there the day before.

[/quote']

I don't have children, so there is no college money/car money/clothes money/allowance money/cell phone money going out. I spent half of a lifetime seeing things come and go that I could not touch because I didn't have the money (my first teaching job netted me $11,000 a year, and that was with a Ph.D.).

And it's not like we are buying Gibsons or Rickenbacker 325's. We are buying Chinese guitars that are fun to play but not really serious investments. I have friends who fly to Las Vegas or Atlantic City and drop $10,000 at the roulette table. That doesn't sound like fun or a good way to spend money.

Enjoy your new guitars!...Take care guys.

Oh, not to worry, Growler...

If we want them, we'll buy them... And, if we don't have the money or

a real interest, we won't! So, you're not causing anything we wouldn't

experience, anyway...from someone or some other source.

Stick around....

CB

What is everyone so pissed off about? Growler showed us a guitar that many of us liked' date=' some of us bought it (and some apparently still want to). Is this something that is bad on an Epiphone forum?[/quote']

Nothing bad at all! But I find that I am spending time on here when I should be busy playing...

Take it easy chaps. Enjoy your Epis.

Archived