Gibson Brands Forums

Anticipation is NO fun!

RichardLionhart

After much debate, research, and help from friendly neighborhood forums, (BIG thanks to the crew here) I finally placed an order for my very first guitar last weekend. Well... I got my tacking #s from Musician's Friend for all of my packages today, and it wasn't fifteen minutes later that I hear the doorbell ring. There stands one of Santa's helpers dressed in brown and holding a great big box for me!

I now have a Peavey Vypyr 30 sitting in my living room. It's a beautiful sight. Now, if only I could hear it... =P~ ... after looking through my tracking numbers on UPS's website, it appears that my shiny new Epi Les Paul Standard Plus Top in honeyburst is scheduled to arrive on Halloween day. Pardon the pun, but this is gonna drive me batty! I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve. I am so excited and absolutely can't wait to start my first lesson next week. You would think that a grown man at the ripe old age of 30 would be able to contain himself a little better and show just a tad more dignity in not dancing around like the village idiot.

You would think that a grown man at the ripe old age of 30 would be able to contain himself a little better and show just a tad more dignity in not dancing around like the village idiot.

Take it from me. I doesn't get any better at 42. Congrats on the new gear.

37 and i have been learning the geetar for 1.5 yrs now and still act like a kid with every purchase; strings, picks. just got a micro br and it's a nice little gadget. The riviera sounds nice on it.

have fun learning and hngd in advance!!!!

We're all "kids" at heart! Being "grown up' date='" isn't all it's cracked up to be...just look at what

"Grown ups" have done to the world! (I'm 59...in Nov) I'm responsible, and take serious

things, seriously....but, I may never "grow up!" LOL!

CB[/quote']

Never trust anyone over 60 (lol) I guess Mick Jagger would have to say 70 now.

I'm 45, and been playing since my 11th birthday........ the waiting game has never gotten any better.

Anytime I get a new (or new to me) guitar or amp, it's just like Christmas to me.

Congrats on your new gear........Enjoy!!

Archived