Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Sheraton II replacement tuner recommendation

monty

Monty,

Wish I could be more help but I have no experience with Sheraton mods. I am sure others will have better input.

I sound like a stew-mac commercial today but....if you go to their website (stewmac.com) they sell Grovers.

As you check out the tuners, they all have a spec tab and show a shop drawing of each one with all the dimensions listed....good luck.

I have a sheraton, korean. I put in grovers with the imperial style knobs.

Looks great. went right in no problem at all.

tunes so much better I felt a bit embarassed about all the times I defended those stock tuners.

Grover rotomatics are what I have on both my epis. Switching the lp studio to locking when I put in the bigsby tomorrow.

I just sold my last set, but I'm ordering some more. I think I'll get some with keystone buttons as well as regular, and see what they're like.

You can choose another brand.. mostly it's the bushing and hole match up.. plus where the screw in the back mounts.

AllParts and WDmusic are my suppliers and between them there's more than a couple of good tuners to choose from.

It took me longer to restring than it did to the the Imperials in. So.. relax!

TWANG

yeah, i bought a set of gold super rotomatics (the imperial, stair step knobs) to install in my old sherry and then traded the guitar before i could install them so now the tuners just sit on my computer desk. someone please buy them #-o

I wonder if anyone can comment on whether the Grovers that come on some of the newer Epi's are as good as the Grovers you would buy on-line or at a store? My 96 Sheri does not say Grover on the tuners, but my 2007 Sheri does. So I am assuming the older ones are not Grovers (I stand to be corrected), but was wondering if the newer ones are "commercial" Grovers or a lesser quality version (hence cheaper) for the mass produced Epi's. Anyone ?

BSA

yeah' date=' i bought a set of gold super rotomatics (the imperial, stair step knobs) to install in my old sherry and then traded the guitar before i could install them so now the tuners just sit on my computer desk. someone please buy them #-o[/quote']

are they "gold" finish??

whats your asking price?

you have exactly what i'm wanting to dress up my Sherry

it came stock w/reg Grover rotos, and I have no problems with the tuning

just want the "cosmetic" improvement

thanks for all the help. I ended up putting chrome Imperial Grovers on and they make a world of difference.

Tuning, sustain and tone all improved. Next up upgrading the bridge and tailpiece. Anyone know if the metric sized Tonepros will fit without any modifications?

Archived