Gibson Brands Forums

What kind of LP model is that?

Ferkelchen

Body looks like Special II' date='but the headstock?!This headstock i see first time :-k [/quote']

Body is a Special II, probably refinished in a weirdo "plum" colour. Since the Special II comes with a bolt on

neck, it could be a custom made neck..but these guitars are entry level, so I somehow doubt it.

From what I can see, other than the oem tuners being changed out, the top of the headstock has been reworked

to try and simulate the historic Epiphone "off center part", but there wasn't enough wood available to do this,

because of the notched corners, so the"part" is flattened out considerably.

http://www.epiphone.com/default.asp?ProductID=21&CollectionID=6

The original historic Epiphone designs of the late 30s, had an offcenter part but the curved areas were much

larger. The emblem and trc are just someones idea of customizing.

I think it's called a Basher or something like that ' date='part of the ill fated E line of years ago. Stan.[/quote']

That's exactly what it is. The E-series had the "Slasher" (Firebird body), "Basher" (Les Paul body), "Bully" (SG body) along with a few others.

They were mostly a low end line introduced in 2001 and weren't around for very long.

That's exactly what it is. The E-series had the "Slasher" (Firebird body)' date=' "Basher" (Les Paul body), "Bully" (SG body) along with a few others.

They were mostly a low end line introduced in 2001 and weren't around for very long.[/quote']

Thanx, I learn something new everyday from this forum,

"Basher-Slasher-Bully"...what where they thinking? Tough little guitars for tough little boys?:-k

I guess these were intended as "take it out on the guitar" after an argument with somebody to

cool off. Good thing these were screwed on and replaceable necks.

Archived