Gibson Brands Forums

huge ebay mistake, with pics!

eor

i looked at it. ](*,)

this is on the way:

6348_1.JPG

!!!

...!!!

damn you, live.com! and my stupid enabler credit card. personally, i'm hoping its the photo/lighting and the guitar is of the lighter, yellower sunburst variety. we'll see!

now i have to sell a bunch of stuff to fund it. so, if by any chance, any of you are interested in any of the following:

2004 gibson es-333

agile 2800 lp- silverburst

bg pickups pure 90 (set)

gfs loudmouth bridge, gfs dream 180 neck (white pearl), both nib

epiphone elitist bridge pickup, chrome (60st)

gold grover super rotomatic tuners

i can point you towards more info. active buyer/seller on harmony central for years.

yup, it is an elitist. check out the funny little pickups, man. full photoshoot pending arrival, of course. i'm super excited, as this is probably going to by my dream guitar. remember all those stupid mods i was talking about? this could be the platform. ](*,) between the discontinuation, the relative rarity of the finish, live.com, and my credit card...

6b57_1.JPG

69b2_1.JPG

strum, i don't mind at all. i just too a fresh batch of photos a few mins ago. i just didn't know what the policy was on selling stuff here. i'll post up that info in a second, after i upload everything.

well, here's the plan. the gibson and the sheraton are supposed to fight for my love. i'm supposed to keep the winner. it is kinda unlikely that i'll keep both as i don't have the kind of cash lying around. i would love to keep them both, but i really shouldn't. so i guess there exists a possiblity that i sell the elitist rather than the gibson, but we'll see.

2004 gibson es-333: (polished) satin cherry finish, bound fret ends, ohsc. setup a whole step down w/flat 12s. it currently has the bartolini 1cta in the neck and a tv jones powertron + installed in the bridge. neck is split, bridge is tapped, two push-pulls installed. schaller strap lock buttons and nifty pointers on the knobs.

the bridge and tailpiece are a little dingy, but the guitar is in pretty good contition. a player, but not a beat up one. the nitro finish is extra thin, so it is more prone to relicing than other gibsons, but some people prefer it, tonally speaking. the bartolini is kinda dark, depending on your tastes. it was killer in my old maple neck sheraton, but with the hog neck, it got a little warmer. still fantastic for cleans, jazz and otherwise. takes gain pretty well, too; very fat. kinda rare pickup, also. the powertron plus is just the most awesome thing. it is about 75% paf/25% chime and rocks to hell and back. i even love it split very much(the bartolini didn't split too well imo, due to the low output, i guess). i often use an enormous amount of gain and the guitar has yet to complain.

one of the best qualities is it's acoustic tone. surprisingly loud, with a little bit of overtones. that's what sold me on the guitar, as i value a good sounding hunk of wood a lot. pickups you can change; wood you can't. speaking of pups, this guitar came into my hands with the bg pure 90s installed, which are just incredible. amazing rootsy tone for days. i'm a humbucker guy at heart, but if you feel like dropping in some p90s or something, this is a fantastic guitar to do it on.

$1200 shipped.

the color is kind of hard to capture. all variations are accurate. it really does look that dramatically different depending on your lighting situation. it goes from a light cherry (with a yellowy maple twinge) to an almost brown/wine reddish color. the 4th pic shows the finish against the hog neck, for comparison purposes. lots of neat figuring on it, too.

gibson333014.jpg

gibson333010.jpg

gibson333023.jpg

gibson333022.jpg

gibson333024.jpg

gibson333018.jpg

more photos here: photobucket gallery

damn you' date=' live.com! and my stupid enabler credit card. [/quote']

Exactly. That 25% discount on BIN's practically forces you to buy more gear. I'd have bought that gold sparkle top LP that just ended if it had a buy it now....and I really don't need it.

damn you' date=' live.com! and my stupid enabler credit card.[/quote']

Hey, I logged on to live.com to check out the discounts (I've heard there's a 20 or 25% cashback on eBay items. How do you shop on eBay from Live? They don't list it on their list of stores that they supply cashback for. Thanks.

first thing i had to do was disable my stupid firewall. then you do a search on live.com. search for something that will lead you to ebay; ipod or whatever. i searched for "epiphone elitist". then look for a the link towards the top of the page in the blue "sponsored sites" box. follow the link to ebay that has the little gold coin and "live search cashback" next to it. that link will lead you to a list of all the buyitnow auctions for whatever you searched for. the you can look for whatever you want, but keep in mind that you will only get buyitnow auctions through this.

then all you have to do is buy something through paypal and make a live.com account. it takes up to 60 days apparently for your cash to be returned to you.

the discount varies- it was 30% a few weeks ago and it went down and recently came back up to 25% so i jumped. also, $200 max cashback.

ef_in_fla- i actually let an elitist sheraton auction go because it wasn't buyitnow last week. i thought i had "survived" and was safe now. wrong.

Eor............If you change your mind, and decide to sell the Sheraton Elitist instead......PM me with the price and i'll

buy it, no questions asked, no if's and's or but's about it.

I may have to sell my 3rd car, or one of my Gibsons to make up the money, but,

such is life.

bender- asking price is $1,000,000,000. + 3% if you do paypal.

](*,)

seriously, though. i'll keep that in mind.

i'm really chubbed out about this. i just hope it sounds good through my gear. the only time i played one was through a boutiquey jaguar amp and it sounded killer. didn't like through the marshall jvm that i tried it on, but i suspect that was the amp's fault.

i just hope that i can live with only one of these, because that would suck if i made myself keep them both. going to have to do a lot of overtime for that to happen.

Eor, those "funny little pickups" are Mini-humbuckers! They're awesome sounding too. Have a brighter sound,

but still "humbucking" in tone. The neck pickup, is especially nice, as it stays cleaner (more articulate), not as

"muddy souding," as the full size Hummer's, in that position, can get. Almost like a P-90...articulate, but noiseless, too. Depending on your preferences, you may really like the "mini's?" At any rate, Elitist Sheratons are beautifully appointed, and exquisitely made!

CB

Archived