Gibson Brands Forums

Why Don't You Post.....

Ron G

I post, Ron...but not as much (obviously) as here. It's not that I don't want to, or don't enjoy it, but the format seems

"strange" to me...and not as fluid or active, or even immediate, as here. But, I do post. Also, there seems to be

a lot of crossover or repeated subject threads, from here to there (or there to here, whatever). Time, too...is

a factor. I already spend way too much time, on THIS forum...and, according to some, post too much, too! LOL!

(Guilty!) But, I check in, there, quite often...if only to see what's happening, and if there's something I want to

post, on.

I DO wish, the moderators (here) would relax a bit, and not suspend members, for unspecified (even silly) reasons,

and for such LONG amounts of time. We've lost some great folks, because of that. That's Sad, and more than

a bit curious/silly! IMHO.

CB

There is something curious, going on here, too! When some of us post, it's put in the order it should be,

according to when it's been done, and then later...when you go back, there are several other posts, that

have been placed ahead of yours. It's not a matter of people posting at the same time, and who gets there

first...that happens, too, obviously...but even several minutes to an hour later...if you go back to check a new posting,

on that same subject, you'll find your's have been moved...as if the later postings were "inserted" instead

of at the end of the line, like they should be. Weird! No biggie...it's not a "ego" thing, or anything...just

curious.

CB

There is something curious' date=' going on here, too! When some of us post, it's put in the order it should be,

according to when it's been done, and then later...when you go back, there are several other posts, that

have been placed ahead of yours. It's not a matter of people posting at the same time, and who gets there

first...that happens, too, obviously...but even several minutes to an hour later...if you go back to check a new posting,

on that same subject, you'll find your's have been moved...as if the later postings were "inserted" instead

of at the end of the line, like they should be. Weird! No biggie...it's not a "ego" thing, or anything...just

curious.CB[/quote']

I see them in "latest post" order, with the newest on top - sure yours is not the same?

I see them in "latest post" order' date=' with the newest on top - sure yours is not the same?[/quote']

Well, it's just curious, that so much time can go by, before the posts that ARE (time clock wise) ahead

of mine, seem to actually show up, on the forum. I've posted, as a first of second responder, had it

appear in the thread, as if it was so...and then...sometime later, it shows up as if I were the 6 or 8th responder.

As I stated...it's NO big deal...I was just curious. I wonder, too...if some of us, are "monitored' more heavily, than others? "Paranoia stikes deep, Into you Life it will creep," ... ;>)

CB

Well' date=' it's just curious, that so much time can go by, before the posts that ARE (time clock wise) ahead

of mine, seem to actually show up, on the forum. I've posted, as a first of second responder, and then...

sometime later, it shows up as if I were the 6 or 8th responder. As I stated...it's NO big deal...I was just

curious. I wonder, too...if some of us, are "monitored' more heavily, than others? "Paranoia stikes deep,

Into you Life it will creep," ... ;>)CB[/quote']

CB, when using the back button, the page DOES NOT refresh, so the order is the same

as are the new post indicators. Hit the refresh button (or F5) after you return and

watch what happens. That help?

It IS kind of curious, though...as sometimes my posts, are directly relevant to the preceeding one, and when

others have been "inserted," delayed, put ahead of my response, or whatever...my reponse post can make even

less sense, than they do, anyway. LOL!

Guess I'll have to use the "quote" button more, and use the "Quick Response" less? Who knows?

CB

he does????????

NO!! That's an old joke, from the old forum days...when I was first a member. Some

jokingly (or not???) accused me of working for Gibson/Epiphone and being their "spy!" LOL!

That thinking came to an abrubt halt, when I was banned for a week, by the moderators...WHY,

I/We still don't know..to this day! It's like why did they ban or permanently oust, some of the

other members??? Most of us, still don't know the answer to that, either. "Big Brother," I guess?

LOL!

CB

NO!! That's an old joke' date=' from the old forum days...when I was first a member. Some

jokingly (or not???) accused me of working for Gibson/Epiphone and being their "spy!" LOL!

That thinking came to an abrupt halt, when I was banned for a week, by the moderators...WHY,

I/We still don't know..to this day! It's like why did they ban or permanently oust, some of the

other members??? Most of us, still don't know the answer to that, either. "Big Brother," I guess?

LOL!

CB[/quote']

YOU WERE BANNED?????? No way!!!

You are like one of the most easy going and helpful cats around here........ or maybe it's that Yoko issue you have[-x

YOU WERE BANNED?????? No way!!!

You are like one of the most easy going and helpful cats around here........ or maybe it's that Yoko issue you have[-x

Thanks, for that, Duane. Yeah, I was banned, along with several other "regulars" here...all of which are

just as "easy going," for the most part. I won't even meniton the amount of posts I've had "deleted" by

the monitors. But, that...is almost a "badge of honor," here. LOL! We have NO idea, why. Several of our more knowledgeable members were banned forever, and we have (or at least "I") don't really know why...especially the

"Forever" thing. One guy, who was a "piller" here...even before I joined, was banned for 5 years, or

some such! Rediculous, to say the least! But, at least we can visit him/them, on the Wiki site!

Oh, and some left, voluntarily, as a protest...or just because, for a time, the "monitors" seemed to be

out of control, and way to heavy handed. But, I guess if I don't get banned for this...they've relaxed a

bit?! LOL!

CB

It sure is slow in there, that's for sure.

tvyellow made an attempt to get things moving.

I post at both. probably too much. but I need my coffee breaks and you know what caffiene does.

They might get some more going if they raffle that Agile guitar off for xmas!

TWANG

Archived