Gibson Brands Forums

What NOT to do to a guitar

ef_in_fla

Y'know....

I'm not sure about you guys any more...:-k

On the one hand you inflict GAS on us all with a fantastic array of guitars in tremendous condition.......

Then....

You inflict pain on us all buy displaying "What not to do to a guitar.." I'm gettin' a tad worried here...

That has to be one sorry Les Paul, I reckon its Private Ryans c/w Bullet holes taped up....:-({|=

Or early "Prophecy" Prototype....](*,)[-X [-X [-X

What a Beauty!... and going on Fleabay for a paltry sum at that...

this could be classified as an "American Chopper"....with the popularity of

custom choppers out there..I'm surprised that it didn't go for much more.

and those 3 vintage " 74 strat pots" for $425...hmm..I could start a good

partime business..buy a bunch of cheap pots..put them outside to oxidize

for a few months..and make a huge profit selling them as "salvaged pots"

with that nostalgic strat sound....

Just goes to show that for every wise man out there, there are several

fools ready to part with their money.

Now hows this for an idea..what about a Betty Bopp (Boop?) guitar? I could carve

the body out of distressed manchurian mahogany..this is a very rare tonewood with lute like

bell tone qualities...it is so rare that it has been reported to sell for $549.99

To eliminate those broken headstocks, the neck would be made of fossilized bamboo

finished with 8 coats of UV cured urethane. Janka Hardness test 3000.

This guitar would be horizontally indestructable.

Yikes, man. That thing looks like it would be better off as a boat oar. Makes me feel better about the condition of my sunburst American Strat:

DSC00792.jpg

DSC00797.jpg

DSC00795.jpg

I bought this from my bass player for cheap due to its condition. Not to worry, he wasn't the one who gave it its "distinguished" look. Aside from its garish appearance, the guitar plays and sounds very nice, and has custom shop 50's pickups in it.

But the point is that I would pay $123 for a guitar that is a little beat up but can play. someone paid $123 for a chunk of wood that has no use at all. maybe a homeless guy could burn it for heat or something. I want to meet the person who bought it and ask them "what does it feel like to be a F@*King Idiot?"

Archived