Gibson Brands Forums

Do we want to people to spoil this Epiphone guitar board?

Secret Squirrel

I appear to be a Newbie but am not. I just feel the need to be double secret anonymous for this one.

Anyway, in my view, the only way to get rid of these two jokers is not to reply to their postings. It won't be nearly as much fun for them.

We all love our Far Eastern made Epis and that's why we're here. Why let people who don't like 'em spoil our enjoyment?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I appear to be a Newbie but am not. I just feel the need to be double secret anonymous for this one.

Anyway' date=' in my view, the only way to get rid of these two jokers is not to reply to their postings. It won't be nearly as much fun for them.

We all love our Far Eastern made Epis and that's why we're here. Why let people who don't like 'em spoil our enjoyment?[/quote']How about we strike a deal? I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter. OK?

If they provoke you, that's your fault, not theirs! You decide how you react. They don't do that for you.

I don't believe in censoring anybody at all. If you don't want to respond to them, then don't.

Why is it that you feel you have to encourage others here to do such a thing?????:-

Anyway' date=' in my view, the only way to get rid of these two jokers is not to reply to their postings. It won't be nearly as much fun for them.

We all love our Far Eastern made Epis and that's why we're here. Why let people who don't like 'em spoil our enjoyment?[/quote']

Careful...you might learn something and that would fukk up your delusions for good...go back up your tree, squirrel and play with your nuts or something and leave this for the adults..the only jokers here are you and jerk offs like Charlie Brown (if this isn't you, brave guy) who have made this their entire social circle with their useless ramblings...I'll put up what I know against anyone here...you haven't even got the balls to be who you are so don't give me any sh!t, loser... and Marxy? he and I have done battles that would make you run and cry to your momma and six years later I'll say there isn't anyone I've come across here whose opinion is worth a bucket of walrus snot but I'd have no problem asking him a question or advice and being confident in what he says...come back when you have something besides your cry baby whining to offer.

Nelson

How about we strike a deal? I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter. OK?

Oh sure...like that's gonna happen...on either of your parts...you may...possibly be able to be nicer but these idiots smarter? nope ain't gonna happen..ignorance is bliss and these jokers are in a state of perpetual orgasm..

Nelson

Oh sure...like that's gonna happen...on either of your parts...you may...possibly be able to be nicer but these idiots smarter? nope ain't gonna happen..ignorance is bliss and these jokers are in a state of perpetual orgasm..

Nelson

Yeah, I'm probably one of those BOF's ( Bitter Old Fu's)

But really, when my meds kick in I mellow out, really I do.

I swear to it with my hand on a box of Girl Scout cookies. No one in their right mind would sacrilege thin mint cookies, now would they?

I think Squirrel left out a third category - "Not That Easily Intimidated", so I voted to "allow".

Squirrel also didn't explain his own feelings about the posts. And why does he feel the need

to be "double secret anonymous"? Trying to suppress other members is just plain wrong.

Yeah' date=' I'm probably one of those BOF's ( Bitter Old Fu's)

But really, when my meds kick in I mellow out, really I do.

I swear to it with my hand on a box of Girl Scout cookies. No one in their right mind would sacrilege thin mint cookies, now would they?[/quote']

Maybe the mints but absolutely not the peanut butter ...at our age we should probably not be having our hands on any Girl Scout's boxes...I ain't bitter...just frustrated...but about those meds...if have a handful of extras I'm always willing to submit to the will of the pill...no...then in the morning I'll just hate myself more...there's only so much passion I can conjure at any one time...

Nelson

If they provoke you' date=' that's [i']your[/i] fault, not theirs! You decide how you react. They don't do that for you.

I don't believe in censoring anybody at all. If you don't want to respond to them, then don't.

Why is it that you feel you have to encourage others here to do such a thing?????:-

They don't provoke me personally but I'd like really this board to get back to normal.

At the moment the forum is totally dominated by their postings. Now I don't mind people posting a lot- and I'm not one of the big regulars BTW. However, 90% plus of these two characters' postings involve personal attacks and insults directed at people who seem perfectly nice to me. It really is spoiling the board.

My concern is that we *****ed incessantly about the moderators deleting threads, encroaching on our freedom of speech. And then when they stop deleting threads, fights break out all over. I've bristled over other people's criticism of me (but I'm much better now, thank you).

If someone says something that provokes you, get up, walk away from the computer, and take the dog for a walk. If you ignore a provoker (is that a word?) then they have a chip on their shoulder with nobody to knock it off.

I think Squirrel left out a third category - "Not That Easily Intimidated"' date=' so I voted to "allow".

Squirrel also didn't explain his own feelings about the posts. And why does he feel the need

to be "double secret anonymous"? Trying to suppress other members is just plain wrong.[/quote']

Even assholes like me and Marxy? geeeez you are feeling magnanimous today... All Squirrely wanted to do was to see if there was any support for his position and didn't have the stones to stick it all out there on his own...so, the little sissy hid behind his annominity... anyone wants a go at me I'm always here...you don't have to go play little middle school girly games..

Nelson

My concern is that we *****ed incessantly about the moderators deleting threads' date=' encroaching on our freedom of speech. And then when they stop deleting threads, fights break out all over. I've bristled over other people's criticism of me (but I'm much better now, thank you).

If someone says something that provokes you, get up, walk away from the computer, and take the dog for a walk. If you ignore a provoker (is that a word?) then they have a chip on their shoulder with nobody to knock it off. [/quote']

Change your avatar, it's a day old already.

What about the people without a dog?

The debates are fine, the personal attacks are what sucks.

Change your avatar' date=' it's a day old already.

The debates are fine, the personal attacks are what sucks.[/quote']

I hate walking the dog. She pees 5 drops in about 10,000 different places. So instead of walking the dog, when I get pissed off I change my Avatar.

How about if I were to put my actual FACE on the avatar. Would that provoke more attacks or fewer attacks?

Change your avatar' date=' it's a day old already.

The debates are fine, the personal attacks are what sucks.[/quote']The funny thing is, the "personal attacks" seem to start more often than not from the uniformed that have gotten their panties in a wad because they spoke nonsense, were called out on it, so they respond with the personal attack. Then when fired back at, they cry like a baby and look for support for their whining.

Ahhh ... they're just trying to keep things lively in here!

Really, we are all big boys (and possibly some girls, too). As I said in an earlier post, lack of attention is the best medicine for folks who wish to live in Trollville. I would never want to see less thought-provoking (read: argument inducing) subjects in this forum. They are what keeps me coming back for more. Its just a pity that some of us can't refrain from flinging crap at others along with their opinions.

MIDI (I voted to let 'em rant on!)

My concern is that we *****ed incessantly about the moderators deleting threads' date=' encroaching on our freedom of speech. And then when they stop deleting threads, fights break out all over. I've bristled over other people's criticism of me (but I'm much better now, thank you).

If someone says something that provokes you, get up, walk away from the computer, and take the dog for a walk. If you ignore a provoker (is that a word?) then they have a chip on their shoulder with nobody to knock it off. [/quote']

I never said they should be banned by the moderators. Using your right 'not to reply' would be much more democratic.

secret squirrel has a point. Wait, isn't that one of the functions for this forum. Sorry, ss. you not playing fair!!!! Yes, the latest post have ingnited the need for Marx and Nelson to express themselves. And, yes it has dominated most posts with direct attacks on members. But, they have a right to their point--opinion. If, what the say is harsh, fight back or leave it be. your choice. Hell, at times we need some llively expression or the forum would be just another outlet of mediocre dribble. I really love guitars and Epi's are at the top of my list. Thus, why i like this forum. I like it more for the folks who cintribute their knowledge and experience.

As, a beginning guitarist, I use this forum more for those contributions. And, it is easy to be mis-informed. WE need members like Marx and Nelson as much as we need members like you.

So, deal how you wish, but no censorship!!!!!!!!:-

The funny thing is' date=' the "personal attacks" seem to start more often than not from the uniformed that have gotten their panties in a wad because they spoke nonsense, were called out on it, so they respond with the personal attack. Then when fired back at, they cry like a baby and look for support for their whining.[/quote']

The comment about personal attacks was directed at all of us where it applies. Now shut-up you a-holebiggrin.gif

Archived