Gibson Brands Forums

LETS SEE EM' PICS! (epiphone mods.)

latomas

brilliant I dunno.. but you don't have to ask me twice.

Blondy headstock Grover Imperials, bone nut.

blondyhead.jpg

Blondy, gold knobs, gold switchtip, new gold bridge and tailpiece.

blondypots.jpg

Blondy, gold mounting rings.. next time I'll get metal, the plastic wears too easy, and kent armstrong cream humbuck size p 90s pickups to match the binding. pickguard off right now. have one in cream, the original, and another in better tortoise shell.

blondypups.jpg

epiphone les paul studio with bigsby, new amber knobs, schaller roller bridge, kent armstrong vintage humbuck 12 pole pieces, kent armstrong

humbuck size p90

lpbigs.jpg

epiphone les paul studio close up of roller bridge and kent armstrong p90 humbuck, and the bigsby modification I did with aluminum to cover up

the bushing hole. on the bigsby handle side I used a tiny piece of black guard material to cover the bushing hole edge.

I lost this pic.. stupid photobucket. so this is the treble side shot.

elpstbigsfix1.jpg

ooops.. moved it to the amps folder by mistake. here it is.

epilpstbridge.jpg

not shown. aluminum truss rod cover with 'TWANG' decal.. camera ran out of memory.

and the epiphone valve junior. upside down. front panel added screen. standby switch. power switch. tweed tone control. gain control. volume control.

the famous mr. gil Loop De Jr. efx loop. input jack. Not shown, 3 way NFB switch, 3 way Conjunctive Filter, and also on the rear panel, fuse holder. epiphone valve junior cabinet loaded with a different eminence speaker.. no label.

VJblackface2.jpg

and two of my amps.. the above and another, in earlier stages of development.

newvjboth3.jpg

and a body shot of the lp studio

epilpstXXX.jpg

TWANG

Heres two of my modded Epis' date=' the V has Gibson PUs, logo, and TRC. The "Iguana Burst" has GFS PUs. [/quote']

Stan, maybe you've been asked this before but I'll ask anyway: Being that you have 2 solid-body Epi's, 1 with Gibson pickups, 1 with GFS, give us your comparison of the pickups. I'm sure lots of folks will be interested.

]epiphone.jpg

This was the first REAL guitar I bought in the early 90s. The scratchplate went first, then the selector switch got replaced by a brass one (kept breaking the plastic ones) and then I replaced the pick-ups with a couple of beefy Kent Armstrongs.

It still gets gigged once or twice a week. It looks pretty lame compared to some of the ones on here but it's been my number one for over fifteen years.

Well Ron i'd say the gibson classic plus PUs on the V are every nice, but very costly. The GFS PUs on the LP arn't quite as nice sounding, but a hell of a lot cheaper. Both do the trick for me so i'd say the GFS are a better value. Stan.

I have all gold on the sheri already. So.you must have a point. Lemmee look.

ah. hey not a bad idea.

Now I feel all low class and stuff!

(thanks I'll look into 'em. gotta make sure the threads and size are the same.)

Milos.. I like that finish. And I like the look of that gigged guitar, too. Nice to see another nearly as old as mine.

TWANG

Don't know if this place has rules when it comes to pictures. I don't have a digital camera but took some using the webcam, they are crappy quality, but I can post some if that's alright. I seen nothing but large, quality pics here so I thought I'd ask first.

Cheers!

Don't know if this place has rules when it comes to pictures. I don't have a digital camera but took some using the webcam' date=' they are crappy quality, but I can post some if that's alright. I seen nothing but large, quality pics here so I thought I'd ask first.

Cheers!

[/quote']

Post away Canine... What took you so long.....lol=d>

So I copy the URL in between the two IMG tags, I guess...

Okay, first is the little rescue project I was working on. It's an Epi LP Special, everything was replaced but the wooden parts... and the finish retouched, polished. It's got the GFS Zebra pups I asked about here, one very bright sound and much, much better than the Epi stock pickups. The switch is new, the output jack, the pots, the wiring, the tuners... everything.

004.jpg

Here's the 3-way switch, removed that horrible washer it had, found out it was kinda glued to the body... Now it looks cleaner, I think. Tried a cream washer but looked like crap, so I used nothing instead.

005.jpg

The GFS Crunchy PAT Zebra. Tried cream rings, but they looked real bad, so used the original ones instead.

006.jpg

... and my new baby...

003.jpg

I hate this pic, it looks dull, but all I can do with that crappy webcam from hell! It's fixed to the computer so I had to move the entire thing just to take a pic!

I'm very sorry for the quality, doesn't do any justice to the guitars. I'm gonna try to borrow a digital camera so I can take some nice pics to share here.

sheri tortoise guard..

sheritortgrd.jpg

sheri cream guard

exetorblondy.jpg

sheri no guard

blondypups.jpg

sheri short gibson style guard 335 *it has the other guard under it. not a very good pic, also it was unfinished when I took the shot*

kyleguardX.jpg

sheri with still not quite finished long 1959 gibson style 335 guard

johnsguard.jpg

TWANG

I love that wildkat, I really do.

I've lusted for a turquoise but boy. that red!

Nice job on the guard. looks sweet.

I like those knobs on it, too.

very serious and still classy.

I like Exeter, too! thanks.

TWANG

Archived