Gibson Brands Forums

Epi Sheraton vsb

EPISG

Hi,

I am new to the forum, I am not very knowledge in computers or guitars so it has taken me a little while to work things out,

I have recently been offered a Epi Sheraton vsb made in Korea s/n s9320039, I don't really know much about them and not sure what they are worth but the guy wants £395 for it. I have always wanted this style of guitar. I will try and put some photos up if i can. Sorry cant work it out, its a sunburst and says Gibson on the little plate at the top of neck, e on the scratchplate rectangle/triangle inlays, binding all over.

If someone can explain how I put photos on I will post them, thanks.

Any info would be appreciated

EPISG,

The guitar you are looking at was made in the Samick plant in Korea. I am not very familiar with the serial

numbers from the 90's so others might be more help. It is either a "99" or a "93".

In either case, the guitar is at least 10 years old. So.....my main concern would be condition and fret ware.

As far as price, if my currency calculator is correct 395 BP = 589 U.S.D.

A new one over here costs $699. However, that is just for the guitar. You would still have to buy a case.

A hard case could run another $100.

Does it come with a case?

Has he done any mods?....upgraded pots, pickups, nut, bridge...etc.

I also, am not schooled on the used guitar market across the pond.

Hope others can be more help.

EPISG' date='

The guitar you are looking at was made in the Samick plant in Korea. I am not very familiar with the serial

numbers from the 90's so others might be more help. It is either a "99" or a "93".

In either case, the guitar is at least 10 years old. So.....my main concern would be condition and fret ware.

A new one over here costs $699. However, that is just for the guitar. You would still have to buy a case.

[/quote']

You have to remember if a guitar costs $1200 in the US it will cost £1200 in the UK which works out about $3000. A new Sherry in the UK retails around £429 so £395 is way too much, they go for £250 on ebay.

The Sheraton is a great guitar. I have left mine totally stock..pickups, pots and switch. The switch is the only weak spot.

Mine was also made in Korea about two years ago.

I have a couple of Gibsons, and SG and a LP Studio. I've had problems with both of them. I don't think the folks at Gibson know how to properly cut a nut.

My five Epiphones required only minor setup and had no flaws.

The Sheraton with Gibson pickups would be comparable to a nice 335. Without them, it is still a great guitar.

EPISG' date='

[/quote']

Yes it comes with a hard case and is in very good condition, and it plays very well which when you buy of ebay you dont really know what your getting, if I new how to post a picture I would

Thanks for your comments

Not very good photos' date=' but I offered him 250 and he said ok, so thanks for the advise,

[/quote']

1922copy.jpg

"Price Line Negotiator"

Just kidding...(stupid American joke)

Congrats on the guitar. Looks every bit as good as you described.

Glad to see you got it at a good price, especially since you said it was the style you wanted and is in very good

condition.

Looks like you got a keeper.

Willy

Congrats, that is a great looking guitar. I love the older darker wood like your sherry as opposed to newer ones that seem orange to me.

Good Luck.

PS: If anyone else is looking for a Sheraton. There is one at HC:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2221791

It isn't mine nor do I know the seller. Just thought it was a good looking guitar.

This is a titch OT' date=' but "buyer beware" and what not.

Could the SN be a 99? I thought Samick stopped making Epis in 98. Wouldn't that make 99s fakes? Or did they make them through 99?[/quote']

It actually dates to February 1993 and is completely legitimate and the Samicks from that era are arguably one of the better runs of Korean-made Sheratons.

Mr.Nelson

It actually dates to February 1993 and is completely legitimate and the Samicks from that era are arguably one of the better runs of Korean-made Sheratons.

Mr.Nelson

I've heard that about most of the 90s Samicks. That's why i'm a big fan of my Special II.

Archived