Gibson Brands Forums

A word about parts.. and in defense of All Parts

TWANG

Several times in this forum I have had members make mention of the parts I use on my guitars, and in my shop.

Most recently these comments, negative, had to do with All Parts, located on the web.

For the record, All Part sells Gibson Corporation parts, as well as the same parts you often find at StewMac

and other reputable supplier and dealers, including Warmoth, WD Music and many many more.

These are parts with commonly recongized manufacturers.

Grover, Lace,Schaller, Gotoh, Sperzel, Wilkinson, Gibson, Fender, Q Parts, Dunlop, and on and on.

All of the major companys/supppliers/dealers/manufactures have a range of price and quality.

Every company is aware of the market that's out there and trys their very best to serve the entire market.

These insults are really directed toward me..

'selling your cheap all parts junk'

that sort of thing.

Of course, the same parts are available at your GC, MF, Music 123, etc., including your local guitar shop.

It is a cheap, cowardly act, perpetrated by those who wish to do me harm, and who don't care one bit that they wrong, obviously wrong, unfair, and passing out misinformation while slandering all the makers of these parts in their vain attempt to get at me.

I'm proud of the companys I do business with.

I'm proud of the chinese, korean, vietnamese, european and south american suppliers of my parts.

I'm proud to be part of the world of guitar, and I mean the whole world, not just one little corner where

we all sit around goosing each other about how much we spent that week.

That All Parts has lately born the brunt of these comments is a sad thing to me. And it should be to all of you who have upgraded or repaired your guitars, no matter what your actual source, because you and I know that

this company sells the exact same things you have used.

How anyone 'feels' about my work is not important here. You are welcome to your opinion.

I'm not attempting to sell anything here.. including me.

I'm trying to set the record straight.

Allowing comments of the type that insult the All Parts company to pass by without remark is a mistake.

Or any of the other companys out there which supply us with parts.

There are several companys that also supply electronics parts, of various manufacture, at various price points.

It should never be suggested that a company that sells a product at a price point desired by the customer is

therefore a unscrupulous dealer, or one that sells ONLY lower priced goods or services.

The sort of shoddy thinking involved in making those remarks is probably best left up to several sessions on

the psychiatrists couch.

When you buy a part from All Parts, or WD, or StewMac, you should have a comment, an opinion, on that particular part.

There are, in fact, companys which make both higher quality, and lesser quality components. One does not

blame that manufacturer for meeting the needs and desires of the consumer.

But to magnify that beyond the very company that makes them and insult the supplier.. who uses many companys

not just one.. is totally outrageous.

Many of you use GFS pickups, and other parts, and because you compare quality of manufacture and price.

You're not insulted, I would hope, by not installing 150.00 pickups on your 300.00 guitar.

You're not insulted by attempting to spend your money wisely, getting the most for your dolloar.

You should be insulted by someone who claims everything GFS makes is crap or junk, just because they spend more.

Look through the All Parts online catalog.. then tell me if you think I'm wrong.

I'm sure that you will not.

I'm sure Gibson, wont. I'm sure Epiphone wont.

Not without insulting themselves in the bargain.

and that's how we all should view this type of comment.

As an insult to us all.

TWANG

TWANG SPAM ALERT !!!!!!

and this might be more appropriate in the All-Parts Dealer Forum since Gibson does sell their own line of parts for Gibson and Epiphone guitars and they might have a problem with you drumming up biz for All-Parts (and you maybe???) on their dime...Just sayin'

Mr.Nelson

Who else makes parts? You're going to go out and get an "official Epiphone" selection switch to replace the one that just died in your LP? No, they don't exist, and if you did you'd be an idiot to do so, you get that Allparts switch at the, hopefully independent, shop down the road. The same people who would complain about Allparts are the same bright sparks who go out and spend 100 bucks on a cable for their tv!

It's not a war. It's good american business competition.

Gibson doesn't hate Fender, etc.

Gibson sells part to All Parts. Think they then want All Parts to fail?

It's like saying Gibson hates Musicians Friend for selling their pickups.

Gibson, I believe, appreciates and respects independant dealers.

And they respect competition, too.

They'd better, they indulge in it!

TWANG

This forum as ALWAYS been all about discussing parts for their Epiphones. Swtches break, people want to put on new tuners, rewire their guitars etc... The magic of this forum is that there are people here like Twang who can let a newbie like me know how I can rewire my Dot or replace the pups on my LP AND, at the same time, let me know what sort of parts (often with a part number) I should get for the job. For those of you who are trying to give this guy a hard time, until you can answer questions with the same vast knowledge he can, leave him alone. Let the rest of us enjoy the knowledge base that is Twang. I suspect that the guy who's whining about the 20 bucks he lost in his dealings with Twang doesn't have a clue about guitars...and please, isn;t this guy from Toronto? There are HOW MANY local shops he could've been supporting? lol

or eight Fen**r Str**s

twelve actually...but who's counting? and if you can say "All-Parts" you can say "Fender Strats" , Dill Weed....I got a deal on my HDMI cables though....fifteen buck a pop for the same ones packaged at Best Buy to sell for $60 a pop...All-Parts does run the entire spectrum of quality...but this isn't the place to discuss them...or to try to sell them

Mr.Nelson

twelve actually...but who's counting? and if you can say "All-Parts" you can say "Fender Strats" ' date=' Dill Weed....I got a deal on my HDMI cables though....fifteen buck a pop for the same ones packaged at Best Buy to sell for $60 a pop...All-Parts does run the entire spectrum of quality...but this isn't the place to discuss them...or to try to sell them

Mr.Nelson[/quote']

They've gotta be Chinese fakes!

People mod guitars, therefore people will talk about parts! lol Happily you don't run the joint!! lol Those cables you bought? 60 bucks? That's crazy, it's plastic and wire and please, it's not like those things are being used to run the Space Shuttle -people use them to watch Vince Vaughn movies, how friggin' clear do you really want that to be? lol Glad you paid a good price.

Forgive my asking, but as one of the few here, that doesn't really "mod" much...how do you determine if

the "All Parts" part, is in fact a Gibson, or Fender direct replacement, or the lesser quality verion(s)?

Does All Parts send you "Fender" or "Gibson" packaged parts, upon request? Is there something on

their packaging, that mentions it's an "official" replacement, as opposed to an aftermarket, or less expensive

"Asian" version? Or, is "price" the only indication? I know, that in the past, I have seen "All Parts" parts,

that seemed identical, in every way, to the originals, and other times, the finish (especially the chrome)

was "bluer" (for lack of a better description), and just not as nicely finished or cut. So..can you specify,

when ordering, from them?

CB

They've gotta be Chinese fakes!

One is Japanese...the rest are all USA Fenders(four Custom Shops, Five American Standards, One American Deluxe and one vintage USA)...sorry I don't own a single Chinese guitar..I do own six Japanese guitars (four Epiphones and one Fender and one Sigma) and I own two Korean guitars...a '97 Epiphone Texan and a REALLY CHEAP PIECE OF CRAP JB Player jumbo that's my camping and boat guitar...and yes, it does float...for a while....sorry to disappoint..

Mr.Nelson

One is Japanese...the rest are all USA Fenders(four Custom Shops' date=' Five American Standards, One American Deluxe and one vintage USA)...sorry I don't own a single Chinese guitar..I do own six Japanese guitars (four Epiphones and one Fender and one Sigma) and I own two Korean guitars...a '97 Epiphone Texan and a REALLY CHEAP PIECE OF CRAP JB Player jumbo that's my camping and boat guitar...and yes, it does float...for a while....sorry to disappoint..

Mr.Nelson[/quote']

I was talking about your cheap HDMI cables.....but now you come to mention it some of those Fen**rs in that picture did look a bit suspicious.

:)

I was talking about your cheap HDMI cables.....but now you come to mention it some of those Fen**rs in that picture did look a bit suspicious.

:)

oh yeah.FAKE....all Photo-Shopped and the cables...cheap Chinese Belkin fakes (come to think of it I think they are Chinese...but WTF isn't these days?)...my life is a fraud...I'm so ashamed...is your homework finished? if it is, brush your teeth and get off to bed...it's getting too late for you to be up playing around..

Mr.Nelson

Charlie:

http://www.allparts.com/allparts-guitar-parts-about-us.asp

ALLPARTS is America's Premier Guitar and Bass Parts Supplier. We are America's exclusive distributor for ABM-Mueller hardware and Razor Pickups. We are also the largest Gotoh distributor.

Besides our own parts, we distribute ABM, Bartolini, Bigsby, CTS, CRL-CentraLab, Danelectro, Dice Knobs, Dunlop, Electro-Socket, Fender®, Gotoh, Graph Tech, Grover, Guiran, Hipshot, Lace Pickups, Leo Quan, Moses, Oak Grigsby, Pigtail, Q-Parts, Razor, Schaller, SovTek, Sperzel, Switchcraft, Gibson®, TonePros® and Wilkinson.

ALLPARTS necks and bodies are licensed by Fender® and come marked that way on the back of heel.

Allparts has provided quitar and bass parts to manufacturers, wholesalers, retail stores and repair shops world wide since 1982.

Over the years, we have seen the industry and our business expand and parts we provide our customers become more varied. Our distributors have also enjoyed growth as the guitar continues to be the most popular instrument.

http://www.allparts.com/store/gibson-factory-parts,category.asp

Gibson® Factory Parts

Gibson® Factory Parts

Click on pictures or links to continue.

Please see Gibson® Website for pics.

Historic Spec Parts

Pickups

Bench Spec Parts

etc.

TWANG

Cool, thanks Twang. I've only seen "All Parts," in the repair shops, and some dealers. And they were always

packaged in "All Parts" boxes or shrink-wraps. So....Sorry, for the dumb question, but I really (rarely) "mod" anything,

much...and when I have, it's always been with "original" Gibson or Fender parts, so I just never bothered to

look into it, much.

CB

Not to point out the obvious, but HDMI is a digital cable. You are dealing with "1"'s and "0"'s. Unless the cable isn't properly shielded, there is not advantage or reason to boast about that cable. Its like talking about which Toslink cable is better.

Twang - Thank you for your insight into All Parts. I don't mod as I could barely work a soldering iron if my life depended on it. But it was good information.

What I don't understand is the mentality of some. If you don't like a post, don't respond. If you have something valuable to contribute, go ahead. If you have questions, like CB, ask them. We are all here for the same reason, our love of guitars and music. It doesn't matter if you have 12 Strats from the custom shop, or a MIC LP Jr. I have seen people that play $50 guitars that could blow away many of those that opted for the Jimmy Page Special Custom Edition, Hand Signed, Played in 1970 by him, and made of solid gold version.

Opinions are just that. There is a common saying that goes along with opinions, but I am sure we all know it. Next time I post, I will boast of my 1969 VW. It is super cool and because I own it, I am cooler than anybody else!

Doth

Didn't someone's mother say, "If you don't have anything good to say-"

TWANG, Thank you for All (pardon pun) your advice.

Thanks for the pix of the cool builds.

Thanks for being one of the many "go-to-guys."

or "anything that can hurt someone else, then go fl**** yourself."

(my mom didn't really say it that way)

Didn't someone's mother say' date=' "If you don't have anything good to say-"

TWANG, Thank you for All (pardon pun) your advice.

Thanks for the pix of the cool builds.

Thanks for being one of the many "go-to-guys."

or "anything that can hurt someone else, then go fl**** yourself."

(my mom didn't really say it that way)

[/quote']

LOL Twang.. advice...go to guy stop ! you're killin' me here...geez if you only knew about that guy...LOL whatever...By morning this thread will be gone...just my prediction LOL ..go to guy for cheap Chinese shoes maybe LOL

Mr.Nelson

We (http://www.wholesale77.com/ ) ugg boots' date='China ugg boots, Wholesale

ugg boots. ... wholesale ed hardy bape tshirt nike dunks Nike Shox,r4,nz,james,nike air max,nike air jordan,nike AF1, Nike Dunk, nike rift,Tmberland, Adidas, Ice Cream,puma,prada,gucci,lacoste,christian audigier,bape,d&g,dsquaredwholesale nike,jordan,adidas,puma,timberland,gucci,prada,bap e,CHRISTIAN ,woman top boots,UGG,LV, Lacoste sneakers and shirts,clothes,jean,bag ,cap,watch,sunglasses and ipod MP4 mobile phone, golf etc.

wholesale nike air rift sneakers air jordan sneakers wholesale prada sneakers wholesale chanel handbag gucci sneakers china nike air force one sneakers wholesale nike air force one sneakers,gucci prada sneakers bape sneakers on sale

wholesale ed hardy tshirt wholesale nike dunk sneakers wholesale bape sneakers wholesale nike dunk sneakers air jordan sneakers wholesale gucci LV sneakers

Our website: http://www.wholesale77.com/

TWANG

[/quote']

Branching out are we?

Mr.Nelson

Mr. Nelson,

If you don't care for TWANG or his business, that is fine, but maybe you should keep it to your business with him and not continuously post things? TWANG's post here was just to speak of the quality of the supplier of products. If you don't agree, don't respond.

This petty BS is getting old. Take it offline. I can't speak for the rest of the forum, but I am getting tired of seeing your attacks.

Doth

Mr. Nelson' date='

If you don't care for TWANG or his business, that is fine, but maybe you should keep it to your business with him and not continuously post things? TWANG's post here was just to speak of the quality of the supplier of products. If you don't agree, don't respond.

This petty BS is getting old. Take it offline. I can't speak for the rest of the forum, but I am getting tired of seeing your attacks.

Doth[/quote']

No...this is NOT the place for Twang to try to sell his crap no matter how great you think he is or how subtle he does it...He was warned..this isn't the place for it.. and I will state my opinions about that..RIGHT HERE AND RIGHT NOW! THIS IS NOT THE PLACE FOR TWANG TO CANVASS BUSINESS NO MATTER HOW CLEVER HE DOES IT. DO YOU GRASP THAT?.

Mr.Nelson

Hmmm, when I needed a new nut for my Dot, TWANG was the one who gave me the part number(s) of my choices. He was very helpful.

And when I do my next mod, probably new pups, I am sure I will post here for opinions and many, including TWANG will post their opinions (which after all is what I am looking for) and then I will make my determination.

As a novice electric player (played acoustics for >20 years, this is my first electric since 1978) I appreciate ALL information posted.

Archived