Gibson Brands Forums

A Good Old English Snow Day!

wrighty3693

Thanks to the wonderful British weather today i have decided to spend some quality time playing by wonderful Epiphone Les Paul Custom. I was just wondering if any other British people have decided to do the same in light of the weather that has bestowed us.

Wrighty2012

Count Me in I'm there!!

Perhaps we could organise a "Conference Jam" or something....

Its about a foot deep here in Glasgow...

Ahhhh... never mind, grab the old Epi and have a bit of a play and a brew, that'll do nicely...](*,)

Thanks to the wonderful British weather today i have decided to spend some quality time playing by wonderful Epiphone Les Paul Custom. I was just wondering if any other British people have decided to do the same in light of the weather that has bestowed us.

Wrighty2012

You have some snow eh?? Well it's -31C here right now where I live... ](*,)

Guitar playing is good when it raining, foggy, hot, humid, dry, cool and cold...! =P~

No snow for me here in the states, but snow in Europe seems like a good enough reason for me to spend some quality time plucking strings and turning knobs in the garage.

I put my Mesa in the shop a few days ago, because I thought it was screwed up. I had some output problems, so I tried my peavey, and it was fine. Figured it was bad tubes, so I spent 200 bucks on all new glass... Didn't fix the problem. Took it in for repair... Meanwhile, at next band practice, the peavey started giving me the same problem. Long story short, it was an intermittent problem in the loop on my pedal board. Plugged straight into the pedals and not through the board, everything works fine. So I called the tech, and told him what was up. He said he was about to call me, that he couldn't find a problem... Said mine actually sounded better than the new one in the store. So I went and picked it up, and he had turned all my knobs all the way down... Completely screwing with the tones I had dialed in. So now I have to tweak them all back in just right... Sounds like a good way to spend a Monday, no? I think I will use the European snow as an excuse, LOL!

You know I was all cued up to ridicule the Brits for the "winter weather" - I have fond memories of visiting my dad in hampshire in my late teens when the country as shut down by 2" of snow and it was the worst blizzard in 25 years.

But then I checked out the BBC on the web, and the ministry of truth indicates that it is a real winter storm (8-12"). Congrats and enjoy the break (and the snow).

We're having a hot spell in New York... it's a whole 33 degrees right now.

Of course, it's February, so next week we'll have our annual snowstorm, effectively shutting down the world for two or three days. I'm farther east now, though, so I won't get as much Lake Erie snow.

Wimps!! LOL! We Never had a "snow day," when I was in school. And, we had some serious snow storms, back then.

But, "School" went on. Your parents could keep you home, if they chose to, but you still had to make up the time, later.

Now, they close the schools if there's even a little snow/ice. Shows you what the threat of lawsuits or litigation, will do.

;>b

CB

I,ve spent most of the day looking at my Sheraton,worrying that someone will take it off me due to my ebay auction.

I,ve had over 250 views and 9 watchers plus 1 good offer.

I,m worried that someone is about to get a very nice 8 year old Epi for reasonable cash :(

RALPH

I' date='ve spent most of the day looking at my Sheraton,worrying that someone will take it off me due to my ebay auction.

I,ve had over 250 views and 9 watchers plus 1 good offer.

I,m worried that someone is about to get a very nice 8 year old Epi for reasonable cash :(

RALPH[/quote']Sounds like putting it on eBay was a bad idea, then... things tend to sell there, for some reason.

Wimps!! LOL! We Never had a "snow day' date='" when I was in school. And, we had some serious snow storms, back then.

But, "School" went on. Your parents could keep you home, if they chose to, but you still had to make up the time, later.

Now, they close the schools if there's even a little snow/ice. Shows you what the threat of lawsuits or litigation, will do.

;>b

CB

[/quote']

Well I've got the exact opposite experience. Growing up in Nova Scotia, we typically lost a couple days of school due to snow or ice storms. My daughter's been through 8+ years of schooling in Sask. and they've never closed the schools-even though it hits -40 for a period of every winter. It's the hardy Prairie stock I guess.

Archived