Gibson Brands Forums

RS Guitarworks

Hooligan

I am looking at replacing the pots, toggle switch, and the jack on my Epi Lester. It has been suggested to me that I get my parts from RS Guitarworks in Ky. Does anyone have any experience with them? A pre-wired set of pots, switch, and a jack is going to run me about $140

This does not include the toggle nor does it include the new knobs required for the larger dia. shafts.

RS is only getting $80 for thier pre-wired pots. Yours is $90

Pots.......$80

Switch....$40

Jack........$4

Shipping....?

plus or minus $140

I really don't have a problem with the cost. My question was has anyone had any experience with them?

RS is only getting $80 for thier pre-wired pots. Yours is $90

Pots.......$80

Switch....$40

Jack........$4

Shipping....?

plus or minus $140

I really don't have a problem with the cost. My question was has anyone had any experience with them?

Understood. But if you look again' date=' Mojo's assembly includes [i']all[/i] of the components. And it's still overpriced, IMO.

I'm gonna guess that most members here don't by from RS Guitar Works due to the fact that they are a high-end/expensive vendor, whereas Epi owners seem to be a frugal bunch, for obvious reasons.

In response to your question.....the RS guitar works kits are top shelf and usually purchased by those upgrading R7 or R9 Les Pauls and the like. I used one of his kits in an R7 that I had for a while and the quality was top notch. They also had some pots custom made for them that were again top shelf stuff,but not cheap by any means. That being said I think his kits are a bit much for an Epi upgrade to be perfectly honest. The kits are expensive but with the "super pots" and Hoveland or bumble bee caps and quality vintage wire and his time you can see why. Most guys with Les Pauls worth 3 or 4 grand and up aren't going to sweat about $140 for parts....but I'd think twice about putting that into a $300-$400 guitar.

I've done two G-400's with RS kits and it's not been that long ago. I've got one in reserve for a project

currently in the works. They must have had a price increase or something because not one of them I've

purchased has cost $100. including shipping. As far as the kits I've bought they've had vintage style cloth

and braided wiring, the matched CTS pots, a pair of Hovland Music Caps, a Switchcraft toggle AND a Switch-

craft input jack. Knobs were'nt included of course but one had a treble bleed circuit thrown in just to see if

I'd dig it. In another they packed the wrong toggle, when called about it they 2nd day Aired a corrrect re-

placement and insisted that I keep the incorrect switch for my trouble. If they've had a price increase, right

now who could blame them. Everything has gone up including shipping: and the caps they use now are custom

produced; since the Hovlands got too pricey even for them. I'm no whiz with electronics and if I have

a question I know I'm going to talk straight to a tech when I pick up the phone. Their parts, knowledge, and

overwhelming willingness to help is all but lost in today's way of doing business. That peace of mind and the

ability to have someone with a pulse that speaks English, (well Kentuckian), talk to you in an unhurried, calm,

reassuring, fashion is worth the small increase in price for the unheard-of level of service they will provide. I

am a fan of this company and will continue to use their kits for as long as I mod guitars. Looking over their

website at their clientele, you're in good company. How often are you gonna be able to have the guitar tech

of some famous hero to give you the time of day? RSGuitarworks is as close to that as most of us will ever come.

The author of this glowing reccommendation is in no way affiliated with RSGuitarworks or it's employees and will

recieve no compensation for this endorsement. I'm just trying to pass along to others that I couldn't have been:

nor have ever been; treated as well by any other company at any time. Folks like these just don't exist anymore.

Give 'em a try, they're worth every penny and if you ain't they ain't happy. Tell 'em John the EpiSG guy from TN

sent you.

Wedgie

I've done two G-400's with RS kits and it's not been that long ago. I've got one in reserve for a project

currently in the works. They must have had a price increase or something because not one of them I've

purchased has cost $100. including shipping. As far as the kits I've bought they've had vintage style cloth

and braided wiring' date=' the matched CTS pots, a pair of Hovland Music Caps, a Switchcraft toggle AND a Switch-

craft input jack. Knobs were'nt included of course but one had a treble bleed circuit thrown in just to see if

I'd dig it. In another they packed the wrong toggle, when called about it they 2nd day Aired a corrrect re-

placement and insisted that I keep the incorrect switch for my trouble. If they've had a price increase, right

now who could blame them. Everything has gone up including shipping: and the caps they use now are custom

produced; since the Hovlands got too pricey even for them. I'm no whiz with electronics and if I have

a question I know I'm going to talk straight to a tech when I pick up the phone. Their parts, knowledge, and

overwhelming willingness to help is all but lost in today's way of doing business. That peace of mind and the

ability to have someone with a pulse that speaks English, (well Kentuckian), talk to you in an unhurried, calm,

reassuring, fashion is worth the small increase in price for the unheard-of level of service they will provide. I

am a fan of this company and will continue to use their kits for as long as I mod guitars. Looking over their

website at their clientele, you're in good company. How often are you gonna be able to have the guitar tech

of some famous hero to give you the time of day? RSGuitarworks is as close to that as most of us will ever come.

The author of this glowing reccommendation is in no way affiliated with RSGuitarworks or it's employees and will

recieve no compensation for this endorsement. I'm just trying to pass along to others that I couldn't have been:

nor have ever been; treated as well by any other company at any time. Folks like these just don't exist anymore.

Give 'em a try, they're worth every penny and if you ain't they ain't happy. Tell 'em John the EpiSG guy from TN

sent you.

Wedgie[/quote']

Now thats what was looking for...........Thanks!

Archived