Gibson Brands Forums

I AM HIGHLY TICKED OFF, AND I HOPE EPIPHONE READS THIS BOARD.

CedarTopFan

Some of you know of my situation regarding my supremely awesome AJ500RC, with the bridge lifting, that I am waiting to get back after the warrentee repair work.

Well, I get a call yesterday from the place doing the work. The guy apologized for the delay, and said it is because they are having trouble with the Gibson folks. He said one person sends him to someone else, who sends him to someone else, who sends him to someone else. etc etc et.

He says that he finally spoke with someone.

He said they are wondering if I would settle for a new guitar of some other model. I told him to tell them NO!

THAT IS BULL****!!!

I told him I want no other guitar except my AJ500RC repaired. And I also told him that I heard that there were no more of them. He said "I know, I think thats the problem".

I told him I bought that particular model because of the woods, body shape, and 12 fret slothead design. He said something about Epiphone providing me with another AJ500RC. I told him I want my guitar fixed, but if that is impossible, then that would be OK. But I really DO NOT WANT another one, I want MY guitar repaired. I have played it constantly since I got it, and I tend to get attached to my guitars. I sort of "bond" with them. I want MY guitar REPAIRED!

IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK????

I told him that I couldnt understand what the problem is, as lifting bridges are routinely repaired all across the country all the time. He said "I know, we can fix it, no problem...its only a $150 job, and he doesnt know what the problem is with Gibson.

So, lets understand. We arent talking about an exceedingly expensive deal here!

GIBSON/EPIPHONE...a multi million dollar company, is going through all this just to avoid a simple $150 bridge repair???

THAT IS BULL****!!!!!!

I'm sorry for the language folks, but honestly, this has me TICKED OFF. And if the language of the warrentee says "repaired or replaced", than that should be MY choice...not theirs.

I absolutely DO NOT want some other model, and I DO NOT want another AJ500 RC. (although I will settle for that....unhappily.) I want MY aj500RC back, repaired.

I have a Martin guitar, and used to have another one. When I have needed repair warrentee work, I simply drop it off at an authorised repair shop, they call Martin with the serial # and my name, and...BINGO! A short time later I have MY original Martin guitar repaired with no charge...just like a warrantee should work.

None of the BULL**** I am dealing with now.

I apologize again, but I just had to vent.

CTF

This guy obviously loves his Epiphone and wants it to be repaired. In my opinion that means Epiphone got the first part of the customer-manufacturer-relationship right: They built a guitar that really satisfied someone.

Now it's time they got the second part right: Fixing the thing, so that he can be happy with it in the years to come!

But that's just my opinion. We could take a vote...

Who's in favor of Epiphone repairing the guitar?

I agree that they SHOULD repair the guitar,

BUT,

If you read the entire warranty pamphlet, the repair/replace option, is at Manufacturers discretion,

not buyers.

Doesn't make it right, just how it is though.

Also, how well do you know the repairman.......he's not trying to frustrate YOU into offering to pay

so he effectively "double bills" on it is he?

Its happened before

Call the Customer Service # on the Epiphone or Gibson website and CALMLY tell the service rep your problem.

If that fails to give you any satisfaction, use the Contact link to write an email. Address it to Epiphone president Jim Rosenburg and Gibson CEO Henry Juszkiewicz.

Red 333

I agree that I would call customer service. How about this; you want your guitar repaired in a timely manner, right ? what if you go ahead and have it repaired, keep the receipt, and have Epiphone reimburse you ? I know that is not the route you would prefer to take but may be hte solution to have the guitar repaired quickly.

Wow, CTF, this is indeed not good news! I'm flabergasted......I waited SO long for a NEW AJ500RC to come available specifically so I would have the Lifetime Epiphone Warranty. I've steadfastly resisted making any modifications to the guitar, believing wholeheartedly that if I were to do so Epiphone would have an excuse for refusing to honor their warranty should the bridge lift on mine (as seems to be so common on this model).

Now, I hear about this treatment you've received from Epiphone, sure makes me question my brand loyalties here.

My S.O. had an old Harmony on which the bridge was lifting. I took it to a luthier, he removed the bridge completely, cleaned off all the old glue, and re-glued the bridge, all for $50. That was probably more than the guitar was worth, but it has sentimental value to her, so........

If I were in your shoes (as I fully expect to be at some point), I am now firmly convinced that Epiphone's "Limited Lifetime Warranty" will be useless b/c of the decisions made on the repair shop's part. I mean, this isn't like rebuilding the whole guitar, it's a fairly common repair and to have Epiphone refuse to repair it for you simply deepens my reservations regarding the product line.

Like you, I'd rather have MY AJ500RC back should I have to address this issue......and like you, I would refuse the offers they have made. The offer of a replacement AJ500RC would be the most acceptable of the offers, but considering that a new AJ500RC is almost as difficult to locate as is the dodo bird, I can't imagine where Epiphone might come up with another one for you.......are they bogarting some stock for some reason??????

I'm a bit confused, at one point it seemed like you took it to a B&M dealer and they were going to repair it in-house, the only problem they were facing was that Gibson might not pay them for repairing the guitar. Perhaps, given the way Gibson/Epiphone has shafted you, the dealer might be willing to offer some sort of in-house repair in order to maintain a good business relationship with you.

A sad state of affairs, indeed! In these tough economic times, businesses should be doing whatever they can to keep loyal customers. Like you, I too hope Epiphone or Gibson reads this thread and sees what a terrible impression this is leaving among their loyal customers.....bad business practice, indeed.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, SHAME on Gibson/Epiphone!!!

Dugly :-

Red333...

>>>"Call the Customer Service # on the Epiphone or Gibson website and CALMLY tell the service rep your problem."<<<

Well, 1st of all, I was actually calm when I posted. I used the !!! marks, caps, and references to bulls (smile) to make clear my frustration, but I'm actually a very calm guy. When I talk with them I'll be like I always am, polite and calm.

And I am going to take your advice and call (the Gibson people) them tomorrow.

>>>>"If that fails to give you any satisfaction, use the Contact link to write an email. Address it to Epiphone president Jim Rosenburg and Gibson CEO Henry Juszkiewicz."<<<

I hope it wont come to that, but I will certainly do that if it comes to it.

CTF

Dubstar,

>>>"or take the offer of the new one, but only if you get to keep the old one and repair it at your own cost"<<<

I hadnt thought of that. I just sort of ASSUMED that if they sent me a new one, they would want the one to be repaired for some reason. I'll certainly demand that I keep mine, if I take a new one.

CTF

SexyGibson...

>>>"I agree that I would call customer service. How about this; you want your guitar repaired in a timely manner, right ? what if you go ahead and have it repaired, keep the receipt, and have Epiphone reimburse you ? I know that is not the route you would prefer to take but may be hte solution to have the guitar repaired quickly."<<<<

Can that be done??? I've never heard of that. Is it a common way of dealing with this type of problem?

CTF

YerDugliness...

>>>"I'm a bit confused, at one point it seemed like you took it to a B&M dealer and they were going to repair it in-house, the only problem they were facing was that Gibson might not pay them for repairing the guitar."<<<

Yes, thats pretty much what the repair guy told me he is dealing with. He said they wanted him to ask me if I would take a new guitar of another model. I told him to tell them (((NO!!!))) Then he asked me if I would be content with a new AJ500RC, and I told him my *preferance* would be to have MY guitar repaired.

>>>>Perhaps, given the way Gibson/Epiphone has shafted you,...<<<

Well, they really havent actually shafted me yet. They just seem to be leaning in that direction. I'm still giving them the benefit of the doubt.

I'm going to wait until I find out what they say when I speak to them personally tomorrow on the phone.

>>>>"....the dealer might be willing to offer some sort of in-house repair in order to maintain a good business relationship with you."<<<<

I certainly hope so. I love that guitar. Its a special guitar.

>>>>"A sad state of affairs, indeed! In these tough economic times, businesses should be doing whatever they can to keep loyal customers."<<<<

That exactly right, and I have worked in retail before. And the predominant attitude for successfull buisiness is "the customer is always right", and you bend over backwards to satisfy them.

>>>"Like you, I too hope Epiphone or Gibson reads this thread and sees what a terrible impression this is leaving among their loyal customers.....bad business practice, indeed. I've said it before, I'll say it again, SHAME on Gibson/Epiphone!!!<<<<

Well, I sure hope that when this is resolved in some way that it wont end up being that.

I am very disapointed with all of this. Its so much different than the experiences I have had with the Martin people.

CTF

SexyGibson...

>>>"I agree that I would call customer service. How about this; you want your guitar repaired in a timely manner' date=' right ? what if you go ahead and have it repaired, keep the receipt, and have Epiphone reimburse you ? I know that is not the route you would prefer to take but may be hte solution to have the guitar repaired quickly."<<<<

Can that be done??? I've never heard of that. Is it a common way of dealing with this type of problem?

CTF [/quote']

Hi CedarTop,

I apologize for the problems you're having with your Masterbilt. Please contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-4GIBSON and explain to them the problem with the guitar and your concerns about having it repaired in a timely manner. If you do not receive satifactory results, please email me via this forum with your contact information and guitar serial number and I will address the issue personally.

Thank you for your patience and we appreciate your support.

Epi1,

>>>"I apologize for the problems you're having with your Masterbilt. Please contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-4GIBSON and explain to them the problem with the guitar and your concerns about having it repaired in a timely manner. If you do not receive satifactory results, please email me via this forum with your contact information and guitar serial number and I will address the issue personally."<<<

Thank you very much for the response.

If you will check out the thread "The soap opera has changed regarding my AJ500RC", you will see that there is now "more to the story", as they say, and I'll just leave it at that.

I apologize for all the references to "bulls". It was mainly due to a percieved problem that now appears to maybe not exist. And also because of how frustrated I felt at possibly losing the best guitar I have ever owned. I got a little panicky at the thought of losing it.

My AJ500RC is nothing short of an exquisite guitar. It rocked my world in a big way when I 1st played it in the store, and it just got better from then on. An amazing guitar.

I spoke to your customer care dept today and they were wonderful. Very helpful and kind.

They advised me to gather up contact information with the store where I bought it, and call them tomorrow (friday) with that info, which I will be doing.

Again, thank you for your concern and response.

CTF

Hi CedarTop' date='

I apologize for the problems you're having with your Masterbilt. Please contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-4GIBSON and explain to them the problem with the guitar and your concerns about having it repaired in a timely manner. If you do not receive satifactory results, please email me via this forum with your contact information and guitar serial number and I will address the issue personally.

Thank you for your patience and we appreciate your support.[/quote']

That's what I call customer support!

I will lock this thread, it appears the thread starter has found a resolve... Thread will be removed in 24 hours.

In the future privately contact Epiphone or Gibson Customer Service for issues concerning product issues.

Thanks for your cooperation

I will lock this thread, it appears the thread starter has found a resolve... Thread will be removed in 24 hours.

In the future privately contact Epiphone or Gibson Customer Service for issues concerning product issues.

Thanks for your cooperation

Archived